• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Shorty

My cousin’s fiancé died like that a while back. She was heading back to El Campo from Houston after a night in town and some drunk went up the wrong entrance ramp and drove on the wrong side of I-69 (AKA Highway 59). Head on collision, no survivors.
I'll admit to driving a few times when I shouldn't have when I was younger but I cannot understand how people are driving around so scheissed that they end up going the wrong way on the highway. And it seems like it happens all the time.

PO Frog

I'll admit to driving a few times when I shouldn't have when I was younger but I cannot understand how people are driving around so scheissed that they end up going the wrong way on the highway. And it seems like it happens all the time.
It happens way more than you would think. I’ve noticed a disproportionate number of wrong way accidents involve folks from south of the border. I don’t know if that speaks to a higher prevalence of drinking and driving or a language/familiarity issue, but it’s an issue.

Sounds like Louisiana got hammered by a twister or two. @nwlafrog everyone ok?

My aunts' houses in Mineola got hit. Two of my aunts live on a lake about half a mile from each other.

One aunt's porch got beat up quite a bit. She had tons, and I mean TONS, of plants on her porch that goes around 3 sides of their house. Sounds kind of silly mentioning it but she loved those plants and cared for them every day for years. I bet she had at least 10k invested in those plants. All destroyed. Thankfully, that's all it was.

My other aunt got hit harder but it could have been worse. She had a massive pine tree in her backyard fall, narrowly miss the house and fell all the way across the road. It would have absolutely destroyed her home. I told her just last summer she may want to consider having it cut down because it was too close to the water and without a retaining wall the ground would get too saturated. As it was, she just had a new porch built. All of it was destroyed with the furniture.

My parents have a lakehouse 2 doors down from her...nothing. They have at least 20 tall, mature pines on their property and not even a fallen branch

bleedpurple

It happens way more than you would think. I’ve noticed a disproportionate number of wrong way accidents involve folks from south of the border. I don’t know if that speaks to a higher prevalence of drinking and driving or a language/familiarity issue, but it’s an issue.
I think it says something about ethnicity and tolerance.

Edit: wow. That sounds mighty racist! Just that I have grown up with a lot of folks from south of the border and it was an issue that was well known.

Last edited:

PO Frog

I think it says something about ethnicity and tolerance.

Edit: wow. That sounds mighty racist! Just that I have grown up with a lot of folks from south of the border and it was an issue that was well known.
I am honestly not sure how to interpret your original post or your edit. Are you calling me a racist or yourself?

Horny 4 Life

The only way one should watch the series finale of Longmire is with an ice cold can of Rainier in hand. Just got a 6-pack of these shipped in to liven up the last episode of this great show. Here's to you Walt!

93476989_10102925180771264_4491621169740382208_o.jpg

Horny 4 Life

How’s the quarantine going?

It's ok. Thankfully, nobody is showing any major symptoms in our house. I'm thinking we either dodged the bullet or we're asymptomatic. My work colleague is in the hospital, but not on a ventilator, and appears to be improving. We know two other folks who passed away, parents of a friend, bringing the total number of folks we know who have passed away from COVID to four. Our neighbors across the street had a nasty dispute, even got the police involved several days in a row, and have both moved out of the house. I guess that's one for the COVID divorce total as well.

We took part in a "moving memorial" for my buddy, in lieu of a funeral, where the family sat out on their front porch and people drove by showing signs, shouting messages, and leaving flowers. It was sad and yet pretty darn awesome to see that kind of tribute in times like this.

On a positive note, we're getting a shipton of spring cleaning done. We can't dispose of much of it because they have restrictions on trash pick-ups and they have shut down curbside recycling for the time being, but we're getting ship out of the house and into a garage staging area. On a related note, this makes the wife much happier so there's been more wrestling going on. I won't complain about that.