• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Frog-in-law1995

I posted on Facebook last night that I didn’t know where any of my yearbooks or senior pictures were, so today at Easter, my mom - who saw the post - gives me a 13-gallon trash bag full of them. Then asked me to scan them for her. Normally, that would be freaking ridiculous, but...

YW7R7qf.jpg

Thanks to WhiteHispanicFrog for the meme.

Edit to add:
Here’s a 9- or 10-year-old FIL 95 (purple shirt, black pants) during my days as a ball boy.
5NF51xq.jpg

Last edited:

MTfrog5

I saw some gnarly video in Kilgore of high water on some county roads. Looked like a dadgum river rapids in front of my sister's ex-inlaws house.
Some really good friends of ours first house they built was struck by lightning and was a completely loss. They hadn’t lived there in years but they were pretty sad by it all.

TCURiggs

Some lady tried her best to make sure I didn't die of Covid. She almost hit me head on going 70 mph on 1187. The scary part is that she was looking right in my eyes and wasn't startled when I honked and swerved out of the way. It was almost like she tired to hit me on purpose.

FrighteningGlisteningIrishterrier-size_restricted.gif

Had that happen to me once coming back from a fishing trip, but the person just wasn't paying attention to the road. They were more than halfway in my lane, I had to swerve towards a steep ditch, then immediately swerve back to avoid the ditch, so we started fishtailing a bit. I got it under control, though. Scared the ship out of me, but especially my buddy who was riding shotgun and not paying attention. He screamed. Ha.

Ron Swanson

My cousin’s fiancé died like that a while back. She was heading back to El Campo from Houston after a night in town and some drunk went up the wrong entrance ramp and drove on the wrong side of I-69 (AKA Highway 59). Head on collision, no survivors.

froginmn

Had that happen to me once coming back from a fishing trip, but the person just wasn't paying attention to the road. They were more than halfway in my lane, I had to swerve towards a steep ditch, then immediately swerve back to avoid the ditch, so we started fishtailing a bit. I got it under control, though. Scared the ship out of me, but especially my buddy who was riding shotgun and not paying attention. He screamed. Ha.
Reminds me of the moment where I nearly died. Was driving in the right lane of a highway and there was a flatbed truck ahead about 500 feet. I saw a piece of cardboard fly out of the bed and come at me. Instinctively I swerved left and looked at the cardboard on my right as I passed it. Realized then that it was sheet metal.

Ship.

TCURiggs

Reminds me of the moment where I nearly died. Was driving in the right lane of a highway and there was a flatbed truck ahead about 500 feet. I saw a piece of cardboard fly out of the bed and come at me. Instinctively I swerved left and looked at the cardboard on my right as I passed it. Realized then that it was sheet metal.

Ship.

I've got a couple of those, but one real doozy!