• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

BedfordFrog68

b74f84de0e07253e0748c6b9507555f9.jpg

Winston was a commercial sponsor for the Flintstones in its earliest years and the characters appeared in the commercials....I don't remember them smoking in the general stories....

My high school field had weirs dimension. 315 to left. 410 CF. 225 RF. Our varsity games were played at a field for all the high schools but freshman and JV were on campus. So in 2 years of games and 4 years of BP, I hit exactly 2 out to right. I'm left-handed. That freaking fence was in my head. I even had 2 robbed from me on varsity (fences were only 5 ft high) I hit a few out to left and must have hit the fence in center on the fly a dozen times. Probably hit well over 100 to right that went foul (and I had to go after them). But only 2 fair. It pissed me off to no end but also pretty much opened the left side of the field for me.

They've since added a 25 ft fence and I bet if it were there when I was I would have mashed all over it.

PO Frog

My high school field had weirs dimension. 315 to left. 410 CF. 225 RF. Our varsity games were played at a field for all the high schools but freshman and JV were on campus. So in 2 years of games and 4 years of BP, I hit exactly 2 out to right. I'm left-handed. That freaking fence was in my head. I even had 2 robbed from me on varsity (fences were only 5 ft high) I hit a few out to left and must have hit the fence in center on the fly a dozen times. Probably hit well over 100 to right that went foul (and I had to go after them). But only 2 fair. It pissed me off to no end but also pretty much opened the left side of the field for me.

They've since added a 25 ft fence and I bet if it were there when I was I would have mashed all over it.
How embarrassing

Mean Purple

I still have a Pavlovian response to look up at the screen and pray for an N whenever I even think about the old HBO intro music.

You know you were an 80s kid when you get jazzed about the HBO intro music. That and the old ABC Sunday Night movie intros. Although the latter was not near as cool, but I lived in a smaller town and there was not jack to do.

ftwfrog

You know you were an 80s kid when you get jazzed about the HBO intro music. That and the old ABC Sunday Night movie intros. Although the latter was not near as cool, but I lived in a smaller town and there was not jack to do.
And the NBA on NBC music. Gawt damn it was going to be a great Sunday in May when that music started playing.