• The KillerFrogs

For those who have bought season tickets in the last 2-3 years

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
What were the best seats available? We pooled with friends about 10 years ago, and I have 4 in 311 but I want my tickets in my name. TCU only allows family transfers. If I tell them not to keep those and I take my chances, I'm curious where I would end up.

Eight

What were the best seats available? We pooled with friends about 10 years ago, and I have 4 in 311 but I want my tickets in my name. TCU only allows family transfers. If I tell them not to keep those and I take my chances, I'm curious where I would end up.

based upon the most recent models you might want to check back in mid-may

tcumaniac

Coronavirus is obviously throwing a huge wrench into the picture and who knows how it will affect renewals.

Do you have any of your own priority points? Either way, your biggest issue will be that you're starting at the very back of the list and won't people able to add seats until everyone that's a current season ticket holder is allowed to upgrade. I imagine there will be plenty of availability on the upper east side outside of the 30s. Don't think you'd have a problem finding seats higher up in 236 and 237 or 230, 231, and maybe even 232.

Possibly some availability in the endzones... especially the upper North EZ.

If you're wanting west side seats, there won't be anything outside of the 400s.

If you have a decent amount of priority points from donations or tickets to other sports, you'll probably find some favorable upgrade opportunities for the 2021 season, but if you're just starting from scratch, you have a long journey ahead before you get what I would consider fairly desirable seats.

AustinFrog

Usually new ticket sales takes place after the upgrade period for current ticket holders. not sure when all that may take place.

Pharm Frog

Pretty sure they're only gonna make every fifth seat available and staggered row to row. Constructing plexiglass dividers between each fan. But each booth will be mic'd like the band and will have it's own decibel reading available for those of us watching from home to see who's cheering and who's not.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Someone in the Ticket office was nice enough to respond. Options if I go it alone are the 400s or across on the Eastside, which neither are appealing. I just wish they didn't say family transfers only. I'd gladly pay a donation equivalent for the cost of my tickets for the right to get them transferred.

tcumaniac

Someone in the Ticket office was nice enough to respond. Options if I go it alone are the 400s or across on the Eastside, which neither are appealing. I just wish they didn't say family transfers only. I'd gladly pay a donation equivalent for the cost of my tickets for the right to get them transferred.
I mean sure. In your particular situation that would be ideal for you, and seemingly fair since you've been using them for all of these years.

But think about it from a broader perspective. It would likely result in some pretty severe unintended consequences if this was allowed across the board... namely, allowing fans to essentially cut the line for better seats if they had a friend with a lot of priority points. In many, if not most, situations the one time transfer donation would be significantly less than the approximate donation it would take to have enough priority points necessary to upgrade to a desired seat location. So to your point, most people in your situation would gladly pay the donation equivalent for the cost of a particular ticket in order to have them transferred to their name.

I get your frustration, but the rule is fair and justified imo.

As much as I hate promoting any kind of stubhub reselling, the most logical route for you would likely be to continue sitting with your friend for one more season, adding the four best seats you can find this go around, either eating the costs, or attempting to resell them and make some money back, and then reaching back out to TCU next season and seeing if they would be willing to guide you towards a one time donation amount that would likely allow you to upgrade to seats that you found more suitable. Without a willingness to make a one time donation, you're probably a long time away before you have access to west side seats that aren't in the 400s if you want them in your name.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
I mean sure. In your particular situation that would be ideal for you, and seemingly fair since you've been using them for all of these years.

But think about it from a broader perspective. It would likely result in some pretty severe unintended consequences if this was allowed across the board... namely, allowing fans to essentially cut the line for better seats if they had a friend with a lot of priority points. In many, if not most, situations the one time transfer donation would be significantly less than the approximate donation it would take to have enough priority points necessary to upgrade to a desired seat location. So to your point, most people in your situation would gladly pay the donation equivalent for the cost of a particular ticket in order to have them transferred to their name.

I get your frustration, but the rule is fair and justified imo.

As much as I hate promoting any kind of stubhub reselling, the most logical route for you would likely be to continue sitting with your friend for one more season, adding the four best seats you can find this go around, either eating the costs, or attempting to resell them and make some money back, and then reaching back out to TCU next season and seeing if they would be willing to guide you towards a one time donation amount that would likely allow you to upgrade to seats that you found more suitable. Without a willingness to make a one time donation, you're probably a long time away before you have access to west side seats that aren't in the 400s if you want them in your name.

Best of luck.

I guess my minor counter would be I don't care about bringing any of the previous priority points with me on the transfer. Just accruing any future ones.

And ironically, we sit on completely opposite sides of the stadium from them.

tcumaniac

I guess my minor counter would be I don't care about bringing any of the previous priority points with me on the transfer. Just accruing any future ones.

And ironically, we sit on completely opposite sides of the stadium from them.
Not sure I follow what you’re trying to counter against? I never said anything about you wanting or not wanting priority points to be transferred.

I was just trying to point out why it would be a slippery slope policy for TCU to allow tickets to ever be transferred to anyone that wasn’t an immediate family member.

And then I was trying to point out that if you did switch to your own account, you’ll need a healthy amount of priority points to ever have an upgrade time that will give you access to seats I assume you’ll find acceptable, which is why you’d have to make some kind of donation to give yourself a chance at better seats. Simply buying and renewing 4 seats every year is going to leave you disappointed for a long time as far as your upgrade options are concerned.

Frog45

Ticket Exchange Pass
Counter bad choice of words. Nothing you said is incorrect. It’s clear my two options. Just gonna have to settle on the one I dislike the least.

Spike

I like the upper deck on the west side. I was pretty unhappy with my seats the first year of the new stadium, but within a year I was able to get back near midfield. I've been moving up 2-3 rows a year while staying between the 40s and on the aisle. Eventually be in the 300s where I want to be. That said I'm slowly losing ground on the priority point list. I order the same 2 for football and 1 for baseball every year.

Just because you don't like your seats right away doesn't mean you can't move up.

Big Frog II

After our dreadful performance the last 2 years and the economic downtown, I would expect a lot of tickets to be dropped.
Our season ticket purchases were required right before everything went South. Still expect a drop off, but most people who were going to purchase tickets already had.

Our season ticket purchases were required right before everything went South. Still expect a drop off, but most people who were going to purchase tickets already had.
I haven't renewed yet. Probably will, but, for me, it's a big chunk of money I don't need to be spending. I might be splitting the cost with a friend of mine for this year.
Another consideration is that my wife and I are both in our 70's, and it's getting harder to get to our seats, plus, I just don't get to go to very many games, if any.

Latest posts