• The KillerFrogs

Season ticket payment plan

Then don’t send them your money...seems pretty easy to me
So our season tickets for 2021 and beyond are being held hostage unless we pony up the 2020 donation, with no games to be played, and no parking to be needed? To be clear, you are saying that the choice is to either give up my tickets and parking forever, or pay for a phantom season just to secure future seasons?

How can anyone possibly be okay with that?

tcumaniac

So our season tickets for 2021 and beyond are being held hostage unless we pony up the 2020 donation, with no games to be played, and no parking to be needed? To be clear, you are saying that the choice is to either give up my tickets and parking forever, or pay for a phantom season just to secure future seasons?

Dude. Calm down. You are freaking out about comments made from completely baseless assumptions from posters that don't know what they are talking about.

I'm totally with you. It would be absolute BS if the entire season got cancelled and TCU didn't refund the donations attached to the tickets or parking (which, as you pointed out, for a lot of tickets is an amount substantially more than the ticket itself).

There is absolutely NOTHING to indicate that TCU would do this. In fact, the only precedent we have suggests that TCU would do the exact opposite.

TCU baseball ticket holders were given the option to receive a FULL pro-rata refund on the cost of their tickets, the attached donation, and parking. Sure. TCU gave us the option to donate the remaining amount to Frog Club or receive a credit, but I, like I assume most people did, chose to be refunded. And that's for a program that is much more cash strapped than our football program is.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if the season was cancelled and TCU wasn't willing to refund everything, including the donations for tickets and parking.

With that said, if TCU is unwilling make this promise before April 17th, they are going to suffer greatly from the lack of renewals... one of which will be me.

flyfishingfrog

Geez
Cry me a river

no one has any idea what will happen and no basis for assuming you won’t get your money back

I never said anything about that - I said the Endowment is not for paying you or anyone else back and then school isn’t sitting around spending the earnings like they won the lottery - its all spoken for plus a lot

if you think the University is so bloated in their spending and you are super concerned about getting ripped off by them - then stop sending them money

seems pretty simple.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Why don’t you just call the frog club or ticket office?

OmniscienceFrog

They would be best served to apply the cost of the tickets to the next season. As I mentioned previously, the donations are gone due to the nature of it being a donation. That being said, we should get a reimbursement of the ticket cost or an application to next season if there aren't any games. You don't need to give me the details of how the university actually allocates those dollars. You have a lot of people who stretch themselves to support the program and to not give any relief during this time would be a bad move. Especially considering the recent article that we are in the top 25 of richest programs. It would be pretty tone def to just say sorry what's done is done.
You will probably get a credit toward season tickets the next time there is a season (assuming there is no season this coming fall), but I would be beyond shocked if they offered refunds for them. They may have done it for Baseball season tickets, but that is a drop in the bucket compared to football season tickets.

netty2424

I'm curious, due to the uncertainty, what if they just did away with season tickets for a season? Obviously, those who have already renewed would be entitled to their seats if they still want them for the season. But for the rest of us, what if they just drew a line in the sand and said no more season tickets will be sold for the year? All remaining, unrenewed season tickets would be up for grabs on a game by game basis for one season only?

After everything dies down and we are back to business as usual, we all get to renew for 2021 like this never happened.
I’m banking on a lot of non-renewals this year to make a significant seat move. Doubt it happens, but we’ll see.

BleedNPurple

Last several seasons I’ve only been able to get to 2 games- other priorities. You can have my nosebleed seats - all of my efforts to move up have been fruitless anyway.

On the other hand- love my Basketball tickets and games are not confined to Saturday’s only.

TRF51

First and foremost I hope we are in the position to play football in the fall. I would like it if TCU reimburses my season tickets. I think even if they play and they allow us to be reimbursed I would take it. I don’t need to drag my family to a football game when it’s 100 degrees when I can watch it from my media room, especially if it is not safe.