QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
How can anyone be a cat person?

#dogsrule
(Sorry Q)
38B62A9400000578-3803995-image-a-115_1474633842301.jpg

Purp

cats eat, crap, sleep, ignore, repeat
Dogs eat more, crap bigger, drool, make much more noise, need baths and/or grooming, and require more attention in general.

I don't hate dogs, but if I were to have a pet I'd prefer a cat. It's more self-sufficient than dog, I don't have enough space for a larger breed (my favorite dogs), and can't stand most of the hyperactive and yappy smaller breeds.

That's how someone could be a cat person.

Purp

With all this corona quarantine who's next to reread all of HASMSP? Gotta be someone who hasn't already liked all the good stuff.

I'm still working full time and so is my wife with 3 young kids at home so I'm out. We're busier with the virus quarantine than without. So much for my reading list.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I did one. Had the similar problem with the 2 1/8" bit on the foam liner. Probably need to go to a 2" bit for the size PVC they recommend in the video. Also, I tried the cheap fan and couldn't get much blow power. We have a standard Vornado that I just leaned on to it to see what it would do. It blew the cold air a little further, but not that much better. Nice thing with it is that it fits the top of the bucket perfectly without the lid so you don't have to carve a hole.

All in all, it will suffice, but I might look at a few of the other models before I do another one. There is a true "swamp cooler" version and the ones built out of a cheap Coleman cooler. Also, I was looking at HD and they had a personal size (about the size of a air purifier) air conditioner for like $149. I might just pony-up and get that.

Or I might just periodically walk out in the backyard and do the Ice Bucket Challenge. We did it today as a family, and I seemed cooled off for the rest of the day. We got challenged to do a TCU-themed one, so I had to edit the video a little bit.
Did your house in 2014 lack AC? I’m confused by this.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Dogs eat more, crap bigger, drool, make much more noise, need baths and/or grooming, and require more attention in general.

I don't hate dogs, but if I were to have a pet I'd prefer a cat. It's more self-sufficient than dog, I don't have enough space for a larger breed (my favorite dogs), and can't stand most of the hyperactive and yappy smaller breeds.

That's how someone could be a cat person.

Not that there is anything wrong with that...

As far as not having room for larger breeds, as long as they aren’t bigger than another human there shouldn’t be a problem. I had a Golden when I lived in a small apt and never had a problem.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
With all this corona quarantine who's next to reread all of HASMSP? Gotta be someone who hasn't already liked all the good stuff.

I'm still working full time and so is my wife with 3 young kids at home so I'm out. We're busier with the virus quarantine than without. So much for my reading list.
I’m still in bed because what else am I going to do? So I’m looking back for my first post on here. A few random like and comments on the way.

Although it’s time for some coffee now.

Ron Swanson

I’m still in bed because what else am I going to do? So I’m looking back for my first post on here. A few random like and comments on the way.

Although it’s time for some coffee now.
Every time you like one of my posts from years back, I cringe in anticipation as I go to read it. I’m scared of what young Ron had to say.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
If you're really bored, a Facebook user, and looking for some entertaining reading, search "Bixby Crybabies". It's open for anyone to read.

Bixby is a small suburban community immediately south of Tulsa.

It will give you a look at the "good, bad, and ugly" of how ordinary redneck Okies are reacting to the COVID situation.