• The KillerFrogs

RIP Curly Neal

tcudoc

One of the originals. I loved them back when they were really good and entertaining. You don’t hear much about the Globetrotters anymore.

Brog

Harlem Globetrotters, great bunch. Like the House of David baseball team, guys with black beards that travelled the country back in the '30's and 40's.

Eight

interesting bio, 23+ a game scorer in college, one of 5 players to have his number retired with the globe trotters.

any guesses who the other 4 are?

Virginia Frog

One of the originals. I loved them back when they were really good and entertaining. You don’t hear much about the Globetrotters anymore.
I believe there are three HG "casts" now and they travel around the world with different schedules and cities. They apparently no longer focus on individual personalities like when Curly and Meadowlark ruled. And those poor "Washington Generals" who were the GT's perennial opponent - I believe that once or twice they actually beat the 'trotters!

Trivia: HOF pitcher Bob Gibson was once a star player for the Harlem Globetrotters, before going to the SL Cardinals. (I saw him hurl his 3,000th strikeout vs. the Reds in Cinci in 1974. Now that was a privilege.)

Last edited:
They used to come to FW every year (saw them three times), but now it is Dallas only. Too bad. They put on a great show.

They were literally at Dickies Arena last month. I took my son. A client gave me 4th row tickets and my son loved it. I went in thinking it would be lame but I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot more than I thought I would.

I believe there are three HG "casts" now and they travel around the world with different schedules and cities. They apparently no longer focus on individual personalities like when Curly and Meadowlark ruled. And those poor "Washington Generals" who were the GT's perennial opponent - I believe that once or twice they actually beat the 'trotters!

Trivia: HOF pitcher Bob Gibson was once a star player for the Harlem Globetrotters, before going to the SL Cardinals. (I saw him hurl his 3,000th strikeout vs. the Reds in Cinci in 1974. Now that was a privilege.)

Big Easy was the ring leader when I went last month. They sold his jersey and it was the only one they sold with a name on it. He was pretty entertaining.