• The KillerFrogs

OT - Business Leaders/Owners

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
One of our members emailed tonight with information on how we can help guide the decisions Fort Worth will be making concerning COVID-19. I've already filled out the survey based on the impact this is having, and will continue to have on my business. If you have time, please consider the information below.

-----------

The City is gearing up to wage an economic war against the impact of COVID-19. To do that effectively, we need deep insight and data on where businesses are being hit the hardest.

And when I think insight... I immediately think of KillerFrogs. The Wes and Scott forum is probably the single biggest concentration of business leadership this side of the Fort Worth Club. Would you mind helping to get the word out about two things that would seriously help this town grit this thing out?

1) Please encourage people who own, manage, or have some other position of leadership within a Fort Worth company to take and share the following City survey: http://fortworthtexas.gov/covid-19-business-survey

2) Please direct folks to and encourage them to share the following City website on business resources and information on COVID-19
http://fortworthtexas.gov/COVID-19-business/

Your help on this would be huge and appreciated.

Go Frogs!

Opintel

Moderators
Great idea, everyone that this applies to should be proactive. Get the word out, and respond immediately.

Thank you, Sean.

Roy (very retired)

BABYFACE

While I am no longer a GM in the restaurant business(it has been 18 years). Keep your employees working as best as you can while using precautionary measures.

I am not in favor or shutting society because the consequences maybe far worse than the virus. A lot of common hourly workers are going be crushed during shut downs. It is a tough deal. We need to find balance between mitigation of the virus and the livelihoods hoods of hourly employees and small business owners. There will be businesses that will not reopen and job losses.

Wexahu

While I am no longer a GM in the restaurant business(it has been 18 years). Keep your employees working as best as you can while using precautionary measures.

I am not in favor or shutting society because the consequences maybe far worse than the virus. A lot of common hourly workers are going be crushed during shut downs. It is a tough deal. We need to find balance between mitigation of the virus and the livelihoods hoods of hourly employees and small business owners. There will be businesses that will not reopen and job losses.

Jim Cramer suggested possibly a quarantine to some effect for those over 65 and letting everyone else get back to work, and obviously very closely monitor those over 65 with symptoms or other health issues common with those that have been most impacted by the virus. I hate the idea of quarantines for any healthy person but what we are doing just isn't a feasible option for long IMO. Half a working population being isolated to the degrees they have imposed is just going to mess people up big time. I've witnessed it first hand, the phrase idle hands are the devils tools is very very real. People need to be out working and being productive.

Opintel

Moderators
Jim Cramer is an expert, right? He is an investment talking head, and needs attention to make money. National policy and medical issues are not his forte.

Why would you give him any credence? We're probably not even close to the worst of this. Listen to the NIH and CDC.

Wexahu, you amaze me.

Wexahu

Jim Cramer is an expert, right? He is an investment talking head, and needs attention to make money. National policy and medical issues are not his forte.

Why would you give him any credence? We're probably not even close to the worst of this. Listen to the NIH and CDC.

Wexahu, you amaze me.

I don't know if he's an expert or not. He said something, I listened, thought it made some sense. Sorry man, I didn't think the idea sounded so crazy.

GenXFrog

For those interested in the results -

• 78% of responses came from businesses with fewer than 25 employees.
  • The top three industries to respond to the survey are professional services, hospitality/tourism businesses, and service providers. Other industries include aviation and aerospace, food production, healthcare, manufacturing, arts & entertainment, retail, and more.
  • Most pressing concerns are revenue/cash flow, payroll expenses, and rent/lease/mortgage concerns. Mid-tier concerns include debt relief, workforce challenges, and utilities.
  • 47% of responding businesses indicate a decrease in revenue by at least 60% as of March 1.
  • 57% of responding businesses do not have a remote work/teleworking policy in place, and 58% do not have company leave policies that contain guidance for these types of situations.

http://fortworthtexas.gov/news/2020/03/COVID-19-business-impact/

Pharm Frog

Wexahu, you amaze me.

That’s right...listen to the careerists at NIH and CDC. They possess all knowledge and wisdom. Listen to them to the exclusion of all others. Their motives are pure. Their excellence on display.

PhillyFrog

That’s right...listen to the careerists at NIH and CDC. They possess all knowledge and wisdom. Listen to them to the exclusion of all others. Their motives are pure. Their excellence on display.

Between those people and the ones who work at the major academic research centers, I trust them far more than I do the ones working for the major pharmaceutical companies.

This isn't personal, it's a question of institutional biases.

Pharm Frog

Between those people and the ones who work at the major academic research centers, I trust them far more than I do the ones working for the major pharmaceutical companies.

This isn't personal, it's a question of institutional biases.

I completely agree that it's a question of institutional biases and there's no bigger or more biased institution than the US federal government.

PhillyFrog

I completely agree that it's a question of institutional biases and there's no bigger or more biased institution than the US federal government.

We're both Captain America and could do this all day.

Outside of the political slots, the upper-levels of the scientists that work for the federal government are some of the best people you'd ever hope to have a beer with.

Yes, they may, on balance, be liberal, commie, nut-jobs.

But they devote themselves to the betterment of those whom Blackie Sherrod called the Great Unwashed, with little recognition and even less fiscal reward.

I'm truly sorry if you've had a different experience with them than I.