• The KillerFrogs

OT - Lonesome Dove marathon

4th. down

Lonesome Dove is truly the greatest thing ever to be put on screen. Every Texan, and American for that matter, should have to watch it

There have been many good westerns over the years but Lonesome Dove IMO is the best. Yes, Shane, Tombstone, Forgiven, etc. are good and many others also, kinda like the Godfather, hard to top it.

Limp Lizard

Got tons of 4 packs like two separate Adam Sandler 4 packs with basically all of his good movies for $2. The entire Austin Powers three pack for $1. Will Farrell four pack for a buck. It was really like 50 movies for $20.
I have not seen many Sander movies, but i like him OK. I found the end of 30 first dates disturbing, although I guess it was supposed to be romantic. I watch Mr. Deeds to see scenes filmed in a town I lived in years ago (New Milford, CT)..an incredibly quaint town surrounded by great natural beauty. Other than that, I have not seen a lot...that I can remember.

tcudoc

I have not seen many Sander movies, but i like him OK. I found the end of 30 first dates disturbing, although I guess it was supposed to be romantic. I watch Mr. Deeds to see scenes filmed in a town I lived in years ago (New Milford, CT)..an incredibly quaint town surrounded by great natural beauty. Other than that, I have not seen a lot...that I can remember.
Generally, his comedy is one dimensional and overrated. He does, however, have a few great moments in many of his films.

WhatTheFrog

FYI, you don't "binge watch" Lonesome Dove, you just WATCH it. It's like a long arse movie, and you love every stinkin' minute of it. If you don't, please do not renew your football season tickets because you are not a man. Maybe your wife is more of a man and she can have the tickets. No matter, it's the best. I have it on ancient DVD and will loan it to anyone that needs to renew their man card or whatever, as long as I eventually get it back. Kinda like that Baylor book I've heard about but never laid eyes on. Maybe I should...

Who has the Rapelor book? I should get that and read it while I have the time.

Mean Purple

According to my guide, there is a Lonesome Dove marathon happening on one of the Starz movie channels tomorrow (Sunday) starting at around 10:30 am.

And not just the original, which in my opinion is the only version worth watching, but they will also have a Return to Lonesome Dove marathon immediately following the Lonesome Dove one.

You’re welcome...if you have that channel.
It has been on the Encore channels off an on for the past couple of months. Watched it twice this year.

FYI, you don't "binge watch" Lonesome Dove, you just WATCH it. It's like a long arse movie, and you love every stinkin' minute of it. If you don't, please do not renew your football season tickets because you are not a man. Maybe your wife is more of a man and she can have the tickets. No matter, it's the best. I have it on ancient DVD and will loan it to anyone that needs to renew their man card or whatever, as long as I eventually get it back. Kinda like that Baylor book I've heard about but never laid eyes on. Maybe I should...

Who has the Rapelor book? I should get that and read it while I have the time.

Can I borrow your DVD player too?