• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

tcudoc

I get it. I get a couple hundred emails per day. Certain work emails are daily blast emails that I have never gotten useful information from, ever. Those get deleted without opening or ignored. There are also email group lists that I have been placed into that I shouldn’t be on. I never open them because I am not the person who has to have a response to the information, even if the information is wrong. If there’s a problem, someone else will send a follow up. I usually delete without reading or ignore. Our emails auto delete after three months, which is annoying. So, if there is one I will need in the future, I have to archive it.
So, if you look at my email, it will show a huge number of unread, but they are all garbage emails. The number auto deleting is typically about the same as the number coming in, so the overall number stays about the same.
The number of unread emails is staggering but the majority of them are in the trash folder.

TCURiggs

I get it. I get a couple hundred emails per day. Certain work emails are daily blast emails that I have never gotten useful information from, ever. Those get deleted without opening or ignored. There are also email group lists that I have been placed into that I shouldn’t be on. I never open them because I am not the person who has to have a response to the information, even if the information is wrong. If there’s a problem, someone else will send a follow up. I usually delete without reading or ignore. Our emails auto delete after three months, which is annoying. So, if there is one I will need in the future, I have to archive it.
So, if you look at my email, it will show a huge number of unread, but they are all garbage emails. The number auto deleting is typically about the same as the number coming in, so the overall number stays about the same.
The number of unread emails is staggering but the majority of them are in the trash folder.

I can't even stand an "unread" email in my deleted folder. I'll take two seconds to click on it before sending it to the deleted folder, or I'll empty it from my deleted folder.

I can't even stand an "unread" email in my deleted folder. I'll take two seconds to click on it before sending it to the deleted folder, or I'll empty it from my deleted folder.

Man, our sales team will gum up an inbox with thank you's, attempts at kissing ass, lame jokes and bitching about the marketing department. On any given day there may be 50-100 of these. After a week we're talking at least 250 bs emails. Ain't nobody got time for that. Besides, I'm Peter Gibbons with both feet out the door.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I just threw up in my mouth. The only icon on my desktop is the recycle bin. Can't figure out how to remove that one

Tip
Before hiding the Windows desktop Recycle Bin icon, you may want to make Windows not send files to the Recycle Bin.

Windows 8 and 10 users
  1. Right-click on the desktop.
  2. Select Personalize in the pop-up menu.
  3. In the left navigation menu, click on Themes.
  4. Under Related Settings, click on the Desktop icon settings option.
  5. Uncheck the Recycle Bin box and click OK.

Purp