• The KillerFrogs

MBB Big 12 Tournament Game 1: TCU vs KSU

Pharm Frog

Take away the win over the D-III school, and we finished the season 15-16.

Which ain’t bad IMO with the assembled personnel. In many ways I’m stunned this team found a way to win that many games. Throw in the close games and it’s kinda remarkable (or college basketball is just not good)

wilson912

Surprised there’s not a thread for this.

7 minutes in TCU down 11-2

Final Evaluation:

1. Ascheris: Probably should have seen more of him. Hope he’s back next year. Good egg.

2. Dennis: Didn’t work out. Seemed a little in over his head. As Dixon said numerous times, poor shot selection.

3. Grayer: Showed flashes lately but ultimately took minutes from Smith and Fuller. Can play a bit, has a possible low level international career. Maybe Greece.

4. Bane: Much love for him but wish he’d tried to impose his will more. Be a ball hog, demand the ball! Great story and great kid. Headed for upper level European career, hopefully NBA.

5. Farabello: Disappointing he didn’t get more PT although we saw less and less of Dennis. Not an elite ball handler,, needed to shoot more. Could see him playing some 2 next year. Needs to spend summer here and work butt off. Gotta improve.

6. Fuller: Showed flashes of potential. Far ahead of Smith. Good quickness and ability to get to rim. Needs to improve 3-pt shot tremendously as well as defense. I hope he’s a starter next year. Needs to be a 10-20 pt scorer next year.

7. Nembhard: Obvious he has worked to improve. Can he take next steps to become a big time scorer? Ball handling is a big concern. Will be looked to next year for leadership.

8. Smith: A mystery. Outside shooting not a strength. Kind of a raw player a little like year one RJ. Wonder if he stays. If yes, needs to stay this summer and commit to improve.

9. Ledee: Encouraged by late season progress. Could see him being a contributor next year, showed leadership at times. Needs to spend summer in weight room and work on post moves. Like this kid.

10. Samuel: Seemed to really plateau late in season. Appreciate improvement in FT shooting and implied effort to improve. Concerned he may try to go pro—-HE’S NOT READY! Needs to get stronger and get a mean streak. Has improved and has great pro potential if he stays next two years. Needs further development of offensive game, maybe work with Pebley?

11. Dixon: The UCLA debacle probably hurt ability to have a more balanced roster. Seven wins is four more than I expected but should have gotten a couple more. Not sure about player development , really don’t follow his offense. Why was Farabello covering Reaves on the last possession? Was prepared to embrace Ryan Miller as HC. Next year needs to be a big rebound year!

Sorry for the long post.

bp4tcu

Which ain’t bad IMO with the assembled personnel. In many ways I’m stunned this team found a way to win that many games. Throw in the close games and it’s kinda remarkable (or college basketball is just not good)
A losing record ain’t bad? Insane. Someone people will come up with anything to defend this team and coaching staff. This was an all around bad season and Dixon is a bad coach. Period. Get him out of here.

Pharm Frog

A losing record ain’t bad? Insane. Someone people will come up with anything to defend this team and coaching staff. This was an all around bad season and Dixon is a bad coach. Period. Get him out of here.

I do blame the coaching staff (and CJD as the head coach) for failing to acquire talented basketball players. That’s pretty high criticism IMO. But something must have gone right for this collection of players to have compiled as many wins as it did.

Realtorfrog

I didn’t watch or hear the game (traveling) but I can’t imagine playing in front of no fans. Not just us but any team. No energy, no excitement. This really makes it easier for a Cinderella to win it all this year!

wilson912

I do blame the coaching staff (and CJD as the head coach) for failing to acquire talented basketball players. That’s pretty high criticism IMO. But something must have gone right for this collection of players to have compiled as many wins as it did.

there is some talent but it is not well constructed, parts don’t fit well together. Need more low post scoring, physicality, too dependent on outside shooting/3-pt shot.

BleedNPurple

We lost our entire 2018 recruited class. Need some good players infused for next season. The entire team needs to up their free throw percentages- needs to be focus. One thing you’ll notice among the top teams is they all make their free throws- we’ve been subpar and it’s cost us a lot of games.

wilson912

We lost our entire 2018 recruited class. Need some good players infused for next season. The entire team needs to up their free throw percentages- needs to be focus. One thing you’ll notice among the top teams is they all make their free throws- we’ve been subpar and it’s cost us a lot of games.
Cost us at least two or three and NIT bid has we beaten OU

Eight

I didn’t watch or hear the game (traveling) but I can’t imagine playing in front of no fans. Not just us but any team. No energy, no excitement. This really makes it easier for a Cinderella to win it all this year!

there actually was a crowd for the first round games and today is when the big 12's restriction on the number of fans takes effect.