• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Big 12 reprimands Oklahoma’s Austin Reaves for choking gesture at end of TCU game

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Big 12 reprimands Oklahoma’s Austin Reaves for choking gesture at end of TCU game

By Drew Davison

Oklahoma’s Austin Reaves received a reprimand from the Big 12 on Tuesday for a choking gesture he made toward TCU’s bench at the end of last Saturday’s game in Fort Worth.

Reaves scored 41 points and made the game-winning basket with 0.5 seconds left, as OU rallied from a 20-point deficit for a 78-76 victory over TCU at Schollmaier Arena.

Following his game-winning basket, Reaves ran toward the other end of the floor where TCU’s bench was and made a choking gesture. He then went toward the baseline cameras and yelled: “It’s over.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/article241077606.html#storylink=cpy

JockO de Frog

The home team choked. Either correct it, or learn to live with the consequences.
Absolutely! We are so thin-skinned as a culture now. Bottom line, if I was in the stands I would be doing the choke gesture myself because that's exactly what they did. Okay, actually I wouldn't but I would feel like it.

Pharm Frog

Serious question — did the conference reprimand its officials for failing to call a technical foul on that which was clearly in scope of such a foul? I ask because I choose not to open FWST links anymore so the article may have addressed this.

MTfrog5

Serious question — did the conference reprimand its officials for failing to call a technical foul on that which was clearly in scope of such a foul? I ask because I choose not to open FWST links anymore so the article may have addressed this.
You know the answer

Virginia Frog

What a punishment! HARSH
MONEY, FINES, that's what they understand. Saying "you've been a bad boy" is insufficient - to TCU and to the Conference.

If you can't fine the player (they're amateurs, right?) fine the PROGRAM. Those arrogant OU jerkweeds would be better controlled then.

WhatTheFrog

Call me pessimistic, but had the shoe been on the other foot (OU blew a large lead at the end of the game and we were playing them on their home court), TCU would have been T'd up for the exact same thing.

To me, it doesn't matter the rules whether that behavior is a penalty or not, my issue is with how it's called. It gets called on TCU, not on blue bloods. Can we change that? I seriously doubt it, without becoming a blue blood ourselves. In other words, no.