• The KillerFrogs

No fans at TCU games through April 3

Moose Stuff

Unless the narrative changes quickly, just assume that every public event will be cancelled or no longer be public for the foreseeable future. Should be a great spring-summer.

Yeah, I have a REAL hard time in the current climate believing that this is a short term deal. It’s not like we’re gonna eradicate the disease next week. Hope I’m wrong.

froginmn

So why haven’t work places and schools closed? There’s a high likelihood if you’re going to get sick it’s in one of those two places

basically Petri dishes
WRT schools, there is a concern that closing elementary schools would force parents to stay home from work and that work likely includes nursing and other professions that are the first line of defense.

Cancelling entertainment events doesn't have the same impact and colleges serve children who don't need adult supervision (well, you know what I mean).

TCUdirtbag

So why haven’t work places and schools closed? There’s a high likelihood if you’re going to get sick it’s in one of those two places

basically Petri dishes

With regard to workplaces: many are making plans for remote work. Including the federal government which may go that direction as soon as next week.

With regard to schools, children aren’t experiencing this particular virus in the same way older populations—-like the ones at large gatherings—do. Look at the science of the at risk populations. Many kids are barely showing symptoms.

The idea is to reduce high risk population exposure. So reduce travel. Planes and trains and cruise ships are the Petri dishes affecting high risk populations. Which explains the steps being taken.

Spring break travel is why you see universities acting so proactively. The assumption is that so much national and international travel is bound to bring the virus back into the university community.