• The KillerFrogs

Horned Frog Basketball v OU

Genbukan

It's one thing for people to be upset with Dixon for the lack of talent on the team. I think that argument lacks a ton of perspective but there is at least some truth in it.

Anyone who thinks we UNDERPERFORMED with the talent on this year's team, though, is just totally clueless. As is anyone who thinks sloppy basketball and mental mistakes are unique to TCU in college basketball.

Ok my friend. Enjoy the off season.

Farmfrog

If anybody that’s not a player or coach has trouble sleeping tonight after this loss and the loss of an hour, that’s more embarrassing than anything that happened on the court. Cmon people...that was amazingly entertaining and apropos. Simply could not have scripted anything more appropriate. And still it’s completely meaningless.
Here’s another stupid post. If that loss didn’t make you sick to your stomach then, to me, you’re not much of a fan. I don’t know how I’ll sleep but I bet I’ll dream about it. True fans are always the ones that hold onto games like this longer than the so called fans who have no connection with their team.

BleedNPurple

Here’s another stupid post. If that loss didn’t make you sick to your stomach then, to me, you’re not much of a fan. I don’t know how I’ll sleep but I bet I’ll dream about it. True fans are always the ones that hold onto games like this longer than the so called fans who have no connection with their team.

its not a movie - if you want to see an NCAA Final 4 this game was disappointing for you. Hello TCU - I bought my season Tickets the day JD was hired even though I’ve been going to TCU basketball games since 1960 - thank you Mom and Dad. I have high hopes. Thank you Bane and the seniors- hope we can do well in the tourney. If you didn’t feel like we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory today then you’re not a frog.

tcumaniac

We looked damn impressive in the first half, but unfortunately took our foot off the gas in the second half, got a little sloppy, and No. 12 decided to go have the game of his life.

Similar gut punch sensation that I felt after the Clemson game. Just unacceptable. Jamie never seems to learn. Slowing down the pace never works.

Hats off to Austin Reaves. That kid was unbelievable.

I’m extremely disappointed by the loss, but I’m not as pessimistic as some of y’all.

The past three games we’ve come out with a lot of effort and intensity. If we play a full game like we did today’s first half, we can compete with anyone. This will leave a bad bad taste in the mouth of our players.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they come out pissed and make a run in the Big 12 tournament. Also wouldn’t be surprised if we come out and fall flat on our faces. Oh well. We are what we are.

Definitely nervous about next year. Going to need to land some big time transfers with immediate illegibility.

Rose Bowl

its not a movie - if you want to see an NCAA Final 4 this game was disappointing for you. Hello TCU - I bought my season Tickets the day JD was hired even though I’ve been going to TCU basketball games since 1960 - thank you Mom and Dad. I have high hopes. Thank you Bane and the seniors- hope we can do well in the tourney. If you didn’t feel like we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory today then you’re not a frog.

How does feeling like we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory make you more of a Frog? I’ll say it again if this game didn’t make you sick then it’s you who isn’t a Frog.

Pharm Frog

How does feeling like we grasped defeat from the jaws of victory make you more of a Frog? I’ll say it again if this game didn’t make you sick then it’s you who isn’t a Frog.

Being as you say “a frog” doesn’t mean you have to check your intelligence and knowledge of history at the door. This game had everything in it that represents the nature and character of this team: poor free throw shooting, inexplicable help and helpless defense, disappearing superstar, bad clock math, career night for an opposing player and possibly more than that. Being sick because of this outcome is similar to being sick at a dog that barks or that it’s humid in Houston. Sometimes you gotta just say...”yep...that’s who we are”.

4th. down

We looked damn impressive in the first half, but unfortunately took our foot off the gas in the second half, got a little sloppy, and No. 12 decided to go have the game of his life.

Similar gut punch sensation that I felt after the Clemson game. Just unacceptable. Jamie never seems to learn. Slowing down the pace never works.

Hats off to Austin Reaves. That kid was unbelievable.

I’m extremely disappointed by the loss, but I’m not as pessimistic as some of y’all.

The past three games we’ve come out with a lot of effort and intensity. If we play a full game like we did today’s first half, we can compete with anyone. This will leave a bad bad taste in the mouth of our players.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they come out pissed and make a run in the Big 12 tournament. Also wouldn’t be surprised if we come out and fall flat on our faces. Oh well. We are what we are.

Definitely nervous about next year. Going to need to land some big time transfers with immediate illegibility.

I don't care what we say, it was a gut punch.

Way too many times with a winnable lead, we go to a slow down game and suffer the consequences and then make stupid plays like RJ going too hard on the layup. No basketball IQ. Was it Jamie's fault, IMO, yes, because of the slow down and the ball in RJ's hands.
I KNOW WHAT i WOULD HAVE ASKED HIM; WHY DIDN'T YOU DOUBLE TEAM REAVES ON THE LAST INBOUND? so what if you foul? At least you'd have more than half a second to score.

OU was better in the 2nd. half than we were in the 1st. half and hard to do on the road, down 20. I rewatched the game, OU was just blistering hot. Our defense was not that bad except for Samuel's defense out on the 3 pt. line. It was a weak performance by him on that aspect. It was like he didn't want to expend the energy.

Hard to end regular conf. play at home, up 20, senior day, Bane's last home game, etc. but Jamie did beat my pre season forecast of 3 conf. wins.

We don't have any offensive hosses returning for next season, I would take this final conf. standing again. We just don't have the talent right now to move up in the standings, regardless of on court coaching.

4th. down

I am a longtime season ticket holder and a longtime member of this board. I'm a regular reader, but rarely post as I think I would regret posting when I am so upset after another pathetic game. The regular season is over and this game was the icing on the cake for this pathetic program.

I've been watching TCU basketball since my freshman year in 1970. We used to have excuses.....crummy old arena and lack of financial commitment by the university. Yet, we somehow managed to have a very competitive program.
Now we have a beautiful arena and pay the coaches decent money....and have nothing to show for it.

Yes, the NIT was cool and so was the one and done NCAA appearance 2 years ago. These last two seasons have been some of the worst-coached basketball I have ever seen. The turnovers, poor free throw performance, erratic scoring, massive blowout losses, lack of a coherent strategy......it just goes on and on. To be sure, I am not expert on basketball, but I often attend with people who have played college basketball and they just politely shake their heads as to what we are trying to do on the floor.

Oh yes, we get teased with an upset win once or twice a year (kind of a "lightning in a bottle" sort of game), but the results are still the same at the end of the season.
I'm not living in some dream world that we will be at KU's level, but I do expect to be in the hunt....and I definitely expect general improvement in fundamentals over the season. Can we not enjoy success as much as BU or Tech? Is that really asking too much?

I was excited when we hired Dixon (one of our great alums and a key player in the Killingsworth era) and thought we were on our way after the first 2 years, but these last two seasons have been awful. I know the statisticians on this board will jump all over me....proving how I am wrong with this assessment. So if you want to blow me out of the water with some esoteric stats, fire away, but I am only interested in the won-loss column and the general direction of the program....and that ain't good.

I can't be the only one thinking this way as I cannot even give my tickets away to fellow Frog Fans (and I refuse to give or sell them to opposing fans). So, I guess the silver-lining is that I have an opportunity to give my tickets to the veterans on TCU's website when I can't make it to the game. Thanks Donati for instituting that policy.

I am not advocating for firing Dixon, but it appears he has lost his mojo. I have no idea why, but this is not the same guy we thought we had hired. Maybe the UCLA job was his dream job and we are just re-living the Pat Sullivan/LSU debacle.

Other than blind loyalty to TCU, it is really getting difficult to find a reason to renew my tickets next year.

"I am not advocating for firing Dixon, but it appears he has lost his mojo"

The frustration is obviously understandable and we are with you on that but in my opinion, Jamie simply doesn't have the talent and I don't believe Self could do any better with it. Now, why don't we have better talent? You have to look to Jamie on that.

MTfrog5

Who was it that used to rant about Kenpom stuff? I am so bad at remembering who takes certain positions on topics.
Yeah remember that too under one of Trent’s teams. He’s either under another user name or doesn’t post anymore. Can’t remember what the exact user name was though

Farmfrog

Since you quoted me I have a question. What in the hell are you trying to say? You talk about movies, Final Fours and grasping defeat makes it confusing to follow. My point was that game was a sucker punch and I maintain that if after the game you felt good then I don’t think you’re much of a Frog.

CountryFrog

Since you quoted me I have a question. What in the hell are you trying to say? You talk about movies, Final Fours and grasping defeat makes it confusing to follow. My point was that game was a sucker punch and I maintain that if after the game you felt good then I don’t think you’re much of a Frog.
It's like Jurassic Park. You know when Jeff Goldblum is basically predicting what's about to happen even though it looks cool at first. Then it actually happens and the T-Rex with the big jaws and I think there are finally 4 people left at the end. Then there's Newman from Seinfeld with the shave cream can and I think we all know what that represents with TCU basketball.

So I think that's what he meant.