• The KillerFrogs

Horned Frog Basketball v OU

Rose Bowl

If this game doesn’t make you feel bad and sick to your stomach then you aren’t a fan. That was the biggest gut punch we’ve taken in quite a while. It was sort of a microcosm of our season in that we couldn’t put games away. I’m not going to sleep very good tonight.

Tom Brown

Maybe coach should recruit some white guys that can play basketball, especially the one’s that can shoot.

images

jake102

Probably need to consider firing Dixon. I don’t think we should, but these type of situations are inexcusable

Next year is going to be a disaster. I thought this year would be tough, but I don’t see any light in the tunnel. If Samuel leaves our floor is 0 wins in Big 12 and our ceiling is probably two wins

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
I’m not going to sleep very good tonight.
I went home, had a drink, ate some dinner, having another drink. I'll sleep well.
But yeah, that game sucked, pretty much the exact opposite of the Baylor game where we stunk in the 1st half and rolled (for the most part) in the 2nd.

CountryFrog

Probably need to consider firing Dixon. I don’t think we should, but these type of situations are inexcusable

Next year is going to be a disaster. I thought this year would be tough, but I don’t see any light in the tunnel. If Samuel leaves our floor is 0 wins in Big 12 and our ceiling is probably two wins
There were a lot of people saying that about this year's team.

The light in the tunnel is that we're winning more games and have more talent since Dixon got here than at any point in the past 20 years. We need to keep seeing forward progress, sure, but also no reason to act as if it's a hopeless situation.

jake102

Tonight's loss was TERRIBLE and the coach was certainly part of it. Looking at the season as a whole, though, 7 wins in the Big 12 has to be considered a good season given the holes in the roster.

Well the holes in the roster are the first problem that the coach is accountable for....

nrhfrog

I am a longtime season ticket holder and a longtime member of this board. I'm a regular reader, but rarely post as I think I would regret posting when I am so upset after another pathetic game. The regular season is over and this game was the icing on the cake for this pathetic program.

I've been watching TCU basketball since my freshman year in 1970. We used to have excuses.....crummy old arena and lack of financial commitment by the university. Yet, we somehow managed to have a very competitive program.
Now we have a beautiful arena and pay the coaches decent money....and have nothing to show for it.

Yes, the NIT was cool and so was the one and done NCAA appearance 2 years ago. These last two seasons have been some of the worst-coached basketball I have ever seen. The turnovers, poor free throw performance, erratic scoring, massive blowout losses, lack of a coherent strategy......it just goes on and on. To be sure, I am not expert on basketball, but I often attend with people who have played college basketball and they just politely shake their heads as to what we are trying to do on the floor.

Oh yes, we get teased with an upset win once or twice a year (kind of a "lightning in a bottle" sort of game), but the results are still the same at the end of the season.
I'm not living in some dream world that we will be at KU's level, but I do expect to be in the hunt....and I definitely expect general improvement in fundamentals over the season. Can we not enjoy success as much as BU or Tech? Is that really asking too much?

I was excited when we hired Dixon (one of our great alums and a key player in the Killingsworth era) and thought we were on our way after the first 2 years, but these last two seasons have been awful. I know the statisticians on this board will jump all over me....proving how I am wrong with this assessment. So if you want to blow me out of the water with some esoteric stats, fire away, but I am only interested in the won-loss column and the general direction of the program....and that ain't good.

I can't be the only one thinking this way as I cannot even give my tickets away to fellow Frog Fans (and I refuse to give or sell them to opposing fans). So, I guess the silver-lining is that I have an opportunity to give my tickets to the veterans on TCU's website when I can't make it to the game. Thanks Donati for instituting that policy.

I am not advocating for firing Dixon, but it appears he has lost his mojo. I have no idea why, but this is not the same guy we thought we had hired. Maybe the UCLA job was his dream job and we are just re-living the Pat Sullivan/LSU debacle.

Other than blind loyalty to TCU, it is really getting difficult to find a reason to renew my tickets next year.

Wexahu

Tonight's loss was TERRIBLE and the coach was certainly part of it. Looking at the season as a whole, though, 7 wins in the Big 12 has to be considered a good season given the holes in the roster.

Its practically a miracle this team won 7 games. A few factors contributed to that, a major one being the conference overall was WAY down this year. I don’t share your opinion on the talent though and especially the talent coming back next year, we’re a program just trying to keep its head above water right now. Its been mostly bad basketball this year.

CountryFrog

Its practically a miracle this team won 7 games. A few factors contributed to that, a major one being the conference overall was WAY down this year. I don’t share your opinion on the talent though and especially the talent coming back next year, we’re a program just trying to keep its head above water right now. Its been mostly bad basketball this year.
Oh you're down on the basketball team? I couldn't tell. What are your thoughts on the 2014 CFP? We was robbed right?