• The KillerFrogs

Anyone subscribe to The Athletic? (Realignment article)

hiphopfroggy

That model has Oregon st and Washington St surviving, so you know it is not founded in reality whatsoever.

My guess is the Big12 picks up the LA and Zona schools, and perhaps Utah and Colorado depending on the details.

Last edited:
Keep in mind: It's the university presidents, not the AD's, who drive this bus and make all the decisions... And its harder to convince those guys to do big things. They will have to be convinced the Pac 12 is no longer viable to move, which is a heavy lift even with all their crap.

LeagueCityFrog

One wonders how much more money those 6 schools would make teaming up with Texas and OU also for their TV rights? $15 million more perhaps this next round? I think $10 million more per school per year and those 6 schools would bolt the Pac 12. Worth exploring and good for TCU's long term sports financial viability.

Also, I liked how the Arizona writer for today's article highlighted TCU as one of the handful of Big XII schools that he would be excited to join with OU and UT.

Bizarro Frog

I would feel bad for teams in the Pac 12 left behind. If this were to happen the Big Pac of 16 would be a monster. There would be marquis games all over the board in most every sport. Plus you would have the resources of Nike, Microsoft, oil & gas money from the states of Texas and Oklahoma. Throw in Hollywood and it sounds like a winner to me.

NewFrogFan

The SEC’s strength is the volume of the money bags and low academic standards.

Those dummies really know how to make money dont they? Amazing I never had a problem finding one of those dummies with a crappy job willing to pay far more for face value and up for my tickets when I sold them. It seems when I do that at TCU, I am inundated by “offers” far less than face value for 50 yard line seats because the game is in the day time in September. So, is that cuz the academic standards are so high?

HG73

All the Big12 needs is two more teams, we don't have to gut the Pac. Would be nice though.
Two more teams, Utah and Colorado would be just fine, gets us out of the round robin meat grinder and adds stability.
Or the Arizonas. Or the four Cali teams. Or two from the ACC. Hell, add Hawaii and Okinawa, I don't care. Just two more, preferably if it hurts the Pac.
While I'm rolling, now that the Big12 has a CC game, reduce conference games to 8 by not playing one conference opponent on an annual rotation. Or preferably drop Baylor and go with nine for an 8 game schedule, 4 home and 4 away.

Wexahu

All the Big12 needs is two more teams, we don't have to gut the Pac. Would be nice though.
Two more teams, Utah and Colorado would be just fine, gets us out of the round robin meat grinder and adds stability.
Or the Arizonas. Or the four Cali teams. Or two from the ACC. Hell, add Hawaii and Okinawa, I don't care. Just two more, preferably if it hurts the Pac.
While I'm rolling, now that the Big12 has a CC game, reduce conference games to 8 by not playing one conference opponent on an annual rotation. Or preferably drop Baylor and go with nine for an 8 game schedule, 4 home and 4 away.

No no no on the 8-game conference schedule. Don’t really care about CFP chances or what anyone else does, I like watching competitive games.

LeagueCityFrog

My vote is to also drop the conference games down to 8 if we do poach unless the SEC finally moves their conference games to 9 with everyone else.

Let's not be flies on the wall this round Big XII. The Big XII at a stable 12 or more members is good for TCU Athletics. No more the Big XII being seasonally percieved as weak. If we get USC and Oregon and the Arizona schools we would shoot right up to at least number 2 in the Power 5 conference pecking order. We start beating SEC schools regularly after the additions then we go to #1. Let's get aggressive and also score a massive TV deal in the process. Texas and OU laughing at Nebraska and A&M along the way.

robbroyy

We’re top 100 in total endowment which is big. Med school and business school are huge feathers in our cap. Plus showing we’re viable in the 3rd largest metro area. Being 3rd every year in recruiting should mirror overall perception.

Kids want to come here for same reasons corporate money should compared to Ames, Manahattan KS or Lubbock.

asleep003

A couple of Service Academies ... they've proven they can compete well and should do/recruit even better with a P5 membership. Their TV viewership is already nation wide and goes way up with an invitation to the Big 12. They already have greater viewership strength than most of our own members. Scholastics/tradition
national viewership ... a win win win for everyone.

Eight

A couple of Service Academies ... they've proven they can compete well and should do/recruit even better with a P5 membership. Their TV viewership is already nation wide and goes way up with an invitation to the Big 12. They already have greater viewership strength than most of our own members. Scholastics/tradition
national viewership ... a win win win for everyone.

you think adding service academies would be a boost to the big 12?