• The KillerFrogs

Where does this win rank in TCU Basketball history?

tcudoc

I would list it as the most UNLIKELY win. Not sure it’s the biggest win. I feel like “biggest win” needs to have some actual meaning in terms of advancing in the postseason or winning conference. Not sure this win actually gains us anything beyond beating a hated rival.
I think “biggest win” has to be based upon volume or mass. We all interpret things differently.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
In TCU basketball history, since that was the question, has to be top three since it is only the third time TCU has beat a Top 5 team. Plus it was Baylor and perhaps killed their regular season championship hopes.

MTfrog5

I would list it as the most UNLIKELY win. Not sure it’s the biggest win. I feel like “biggest win” needs to have some actual meaning in terms of advancing in the postseason or winning conference. Not sure this win actually gains us anything beyond beating a hated rival.
You said it was unlikely...

Limp Lizard

Some of the wins in 1998 helped to win the WAC and get into the NCAAs.

As far as one big game getting TCU into the NCAA? My vote goes to the 1968 win at Baylor, which by a coincidence (my dad was visiting a friend in Waco), I attended. (Lordy that place Baylor played in back then! Dark, dank and drafty.) Great win, thanks in part to TCU's zone press. TCU then won their first NCAA tourney game (Kansas State) then got trounced by #1 Houston. Houston then got trounced by UCLA, whom they had given their first loss in 2 years earlier in the Astrodome. Good year.

The Frogs had to wait 19 years before their next NCAA win. Now it is 33 years and counting.

CountryFrog

There haven't been very many real big and meaningful wins in our basketball history unfortunately. This one is right up there very near the top for me in terms of pure enjoyment. I have no idea what it's short term, long term, or in the middle term effects may be other than me having fun though.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
I have been to 99% of the home games beginning in the ‘71-‘72 season. We won the SWC the year before. I would say the Jamie Dixon shot game vs Texas in ‘87 is still the biggest. It clinched the first SWC championship in 16 years and ended decades of zero big TCU sports moments. The 4 OT win over Hakeem Olajuwon’s UH in ‘82 was big. Yesterday’s win was big, but not the biggest. It might have been the most fun though. We didn’t have much on the line, but the Frogs stuck a pin in their balloon.

Dogfrog

In 2013 we broke an eight game losing streak by beating No. 5 Kansas at Daniel Meyer. That was way yonder unlikely.

mdono

Reviewing TCU's BB history from the Wiki page - one can argue this may prove to be our biggest win: 1) #2 team which was #1 and still in the mix for #1 seed 2) If Baylor can rise to that level and having beat them, we can rise to that level 3) If JD had any remorse for not taking the UCLA job - this win could have erased a good deal if not all of that - as he realizes he CAN take TCU to a very high level 4) Predicted last in the conference has turned into a probable NIT invite 5) Great recruits coming in - next year looks very bright and this win gives us a big reason to be very excited about the future - perhaps more than ever! Biggest mental health win of all time.