• The KillerFrogs

W to throw out first pitch at OSU - TCU game

TCUdirtbag

Pretty sure he's been going there since before he was governor. Maybe a prop, but a long time prop. I think he still goes down there a lot to paint and he's still doing veterans charity events down there too.

Bought in 99. Built house in 01.

He’s had a great post-presidency working with vets. Tons of respect for what he’s doing.

Anyway, cool he’s opening the new OSU park. It’s going to be an incredible facility. If you haven’t seen what they’re building—-
http://orange.okstate.com/baseball2020/

I hope we get to build something like this in a few years.

pastorfrog

Pretty sure he's been going there since before he was governor. Maybe a prop, but a long time prop. I think he still goes down there a lot to paint and he's still doing veterans charity events down there too.

Like I said, love the guy. It was just a brand builder as gov. But thankful it’s used for good.

Pharm Frog

I was George W Bush’s driver when he would come to San Angelo to sign certain bills. His habit was to do signings in the district where the author or chairman of the committee was from. Appropriations chair was from San Angelo at the time so we got several gubernatorial visits.

W was authentic as they come for politicians or a damn good actor (and I don’t think that’s it). And I say this as someone who was not exactly thrilled with his politics.

Ragged on me for being an Astros fan and said that his dad would like me better. The one thing he could not tolerate was being off schedule to the late side. You did not make him late getting back to Laura and the girls.

Purp

Bought in 99. Built house in 01.

He’s had a great post-presidency working with vets. Tons of respect for what he’s doing.

Anyway, cool he’s opening the new OSU park. It’s going to be an incredible facility. If you haven’t seen what they’re building—-
http://orange.okstate.com/baseball2020/

I hope we get to build something like this in a few years.
Maybe he had a different property while governor. One of my cousins was a state trooper at the Capitol while he was governor and he told me he'd take a helicopter to the hill country pretty regularly to get away for long weekends.

He also sent the chopper around the state to pick up top BBQ and bring it back to Austin for his staff. Cousin said he was invited in to have some ribs ome afternoon. My cousin said, "these taste like Country Tavern ribs" and Dubya was impressed he knew where they were from.

That was an awesome assignment for him. He got a couple autographed baseballs and an autographed Texas flag that flew at the Capitol. He's always said Dubya was an awesome guy.

Pharm Frog

Maybe he had a different property while governor. One of my cousins was a state trooper at the Capitol while he was governor and he told me he'd take a helicopter to the hill country pretty regularly to get away for long weekends.

He also sent the chopper around the state to pick up top BBQ and bring it back to Austin for his staff. Cousin said he was invited in to have some ribs ome afternoon. My cousin said, "these taste like Country Tavern ribs" and Dubya was impressed he knew where they were from.

That was an awesome assignment for him. He got a couple autographed baseballs and an autographed Texas flag that flew at the Capitol. He's always said Dubya was an awesome guy.

One of the funniest and awkward BBQ stories I have is about the W administration at Jasper’s BBQ in Waco. May tell at another time but involved Condi Rice