• The KillerFrogs

Texans Wire: TCU receiver Jalen Reagor hardly saw accurate passes in 2019

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
usatsi_13467316.jpg

Texans Wire: TCU receiver Jalen Reagor hardly saw accurate passes in 2019

INDIANAPOLIS — If there is any particular statistic that shows former TCU Horned Frogs receiver Jalen Reagor had a tough time his junior year, it took Pro Football Focus to measure it.

According to PFF data compiled by NFL.com’s Graham Barfield, Reagor had the lowest instance of accurate passes thrown to him among the entire receiver class for the 2020 NFL Draft. The 5-11, 205-pounder saw an accurate pass 31% of the time.

Read more at https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/27/tcu-wr-jalen-reagor-accurate-passes/

Raw Frog

Max must significantly improve on his accuracy this year. But, he had a lot of drops on good passes last year that hurt his numbers. Hopefully, he has been working out a lot with the receivers in the off season for some chemistry to develop.

Froggish

Max flashed a ton of potential and I’m not worried about him improving. He’s definitely the QB of the future and his upside is tremendous. But...Showing a ton of potential is a long way from being a good QB. He was not a very good QB last year. That’s not even really debatable. Words like “true freshman”, “potential”, and “upside” are justification words. I’m as excited as everyone for Max but he was as much or more of the problem last year then anyone else. Glad that grow up year is behind us

Last edited:

PurpleBlood87

“I was say it was just rhythm,” Reagor told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine Wednesday.

Please tell me he didn't say this and it is just a misquote.

Also, am I wrong but didn't Reagor break off routes this season?

Froggish

“I was say it was just rhythm,” Reagor told reporters at the NFL Scouting Combine Wednesday.

Rhythm is pretty kind way of answering the question

MTfrog5

I think I know a way the two could have improved said rhythm that probably the said party didn’t go out of his way and do.

MTfrog5

Max must significantly improve on his accuracy this year. But, he had a lot of drops on good passes last year that hurt his numbers. Hopefully, he has been working out a lot with the receivers in the off season for some chemistry to develop.
New word for chemistry is now rhythm

jake102

I'm guessing Duggan and Reagor didn't spend all summer throwing the ball around like the LSU guys did. Especially since we brought in Delton as the presumed starter.

Froggish

Anyone who thinks a WR is going to stand in front of a room full of scouts and say he broke off routes or didn’t always help his QB, you might just be the dumbest person on the planet.

PurpleBlood87

Anyone who thinks a WR is going to stand in front of a room full of scouts and say he broke off routes or didn’t always help his QB, you might just be the dumbest person on the planet.

Never said that. The scouts already know that. If he doesn't think he and his father might just be the dumbest people on the planet.

Eight

Max flashed a ton of potential and I’m not worried about him improving. He’s definitely the QB of the future and his upside is tremendous. But...Showing a ton of potential is a long way from being a good QB. He was not a very good QB last year. That’s not even really debatable. Words like “true freshman”, “potential”, and “upside” are justification words. I’m as excited as everyone for Max but he was as much or more of the problem last year then anyone else. Glad that grow up year is behind us[/Q

jalen broke off routes, didn't always run the route, dropped passes, fumbled some punts, and didn't have a great last season as a frog.

he was also missed on a number of throws that needed to be made and a great deal of meat was left on the bone in the frogs passing game.

the presumption is max is the starter next year and right now i would agree, but i agree with froggish that max wasn't very good last year and he really needs to take some steps forward in the passing game

Salfrog

Tier 1
Max flashed a ton of potential and I’m not worried about him improving. He’s definitely the QB of the future and his upside is tremendous. But...Showing a ton of potential is a long way from being a good QB. He was not a very good QB last year. That’s not even really debatable. Words like “true freshman”, “potential”, and “upside” are justification words. I’m as excited as everyone for Max but he was as much or more of the problem last year then anyone else. Glad that grow up year is behind us

Hoping the QB position is an open competition come fall drills. Nothing should given to anyone on offense after the complete failure on that side of the ball last year. Agree that Duggan has an advantage because he played most of last season, but he shouldn't be annointed the starter just because of that. He needs to show much more improvement, and we need to see what the other QB's have to bring to the offense.

Pharm Frog

Hoping the QB position is an open competition come fall drills. Nothing should given to anyone on offense after the complete failure on that side of the ball last year. Agree that Duggan has an advantage because he played most of last season, but he shouldn't be annointed the starter just because of that. He needs to show much more improvement, and we need to see what the other QB's have to bring to the offense.

Can you compete for positions with only one healthy option?