• The KillerFrogs

frog news from 2020 nfl combine

Eight

The history of college football is to overstate people's measurables. If Gladny is 5'6" and can shut a receiver down, who cares?

thing is the nfl is going to get the correct height at some point and time and i doubt if someone is really interested in jeff gladney they will suddenly lose interest when they find out he really isn't 6'.

as far as do the measurables truly matter? not many 5'6" lock down corners in college and more important for the nfl purposes the last great short corner i can think of is darrell green.

quarterbacks in the nfl are too damn accuarte and the receivers are too big and physical.

AroundWorldFrog

thing is the nfl is going to get the correct height at some point and time and i doubt if someone is really interested in jeff gladney they will suddenly lose interest when they find out he really isn't 6'.

as far as do the measurables truly matter? not many 5'6" lock down corners in college and more important for the nfl purposes the last great short corner i can think of is darrell green.

quarterbacks in the nfl are too damn accuarte and the receivers are too big and physical.
I didn't literally mean 5'6". :D But both High schools and colleges have been overstating peoples height and weight since football started. I personally don't care if someone is 5'10 1/8" or 5'10 3/8". And particularly once a player has gone from TCU.

Wexahu

The history of college football is to overstate people's measurables. If Gladny is 5'6" and can shut a receiver down, who cares?

If nobody cares why even list heights and weights? Why not just have the players name and number listed? It's just stupid. Height isn't a variable or arbitrary number. It is what it is so if you're going to list a guy's height in the program, why lie about it?

Yeah, I'm probably arguing just to argue, but it is a pet peeve of mine. Hell, if nobody cares and you're just going to make up numbers, why not just list all our DBs at 6'1", 200 lbs?

AroundWorldFrog

Yeah, I'm probably arguing just to argue,
200.webp