• The KillerFrogs

Streaming is dead

Tyson fury might have well of been singing about Jan 30...the day streaming died. I had PS Vue for almost 4 years and loved every minute of it. Three weeks later between Hulu, You Tube Tv, AttNow, Sling and Philo, I've cone to one conclusion...they're all [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Nothing had the channel lineup that Vue had. I'm looking into going back to DirectTv. Guess I'll have to sell my football tickets on Stubhub to pay for it but that's life in the big city.

Billy Clyde

So far agree completely based on similar experience. Was happy (mostly) with PSV, then when they quit I tried YouTubeTV(couldn't sign up), went with Hulu, which mostly blows, so now gonna go back to SpectrumTV after several years away, solely based on cost. Expect my choices to be limited, but at least when I bundle with my internet, which I already get from them, I won't be paying crazy-huge prices for crap quality. Though it does piss me off to have to have a box for each set.

InstaFrog

I like YouTube TV better than PS Vue. Nothing was worse than that side scrolling guide.

But considering I only turn the tv on to watch the Frogs I am probably not the best reviewer out there.
I agree for the most part.

Pros: Stream seems better/less laggy and the interface is more responsive.

Cons: The DVR on Vue vs the Library was more intuitive and easier to identified unwatched shows. Wifey no likey. No LHN for the occasional sporting events in Austin.

Would've stayed PSV after testing YTTV, but it is what it is.

asleep003

Don't have a problem with Hulu. Only interested in 20-25 channels/networks. Hulu provides all but 1 or 2 of those... just as Dish previously provided all but 1 or 2 of those for me too...

FrogCop19

YouTube TV with Roku apps works great for me.
This is where I'm at. We have a Roku stick and use YouTubeTV, Disney+, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. That gives us just about everything we need and more. Considering picking up the Disney+/ESPN+ deal for $6 more, and that would complete everything we watch in our house.

talor

Tyson fury might have well of been singing about Jan 30...the day streaming died. I had PS Vue for almost 4 years and loved every minute of it. Three weeks later between Hulu, You Tube Tv, AttNow, Sling and Philo, I've cone to one conclusion...they're all [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. Nothing had the channel lineup that Vue had. I'm looking into going back to DirectTv. Guess I'll have to sell my football tickets on Stubhub to pay for it but that's life in the big city.
As often is the case, you have a weird view on things. I stream more than ever now.

Atomic Frawg

Streaming is still in its nacency, and it it will only grow and get better. One, there is no hardware. Two, there is no hardware. What I spent for "insurance" alone on each piece of equipment covers the cost of my YTTV. There's just too much benefit to being able to watch a game or show from your phone, computer, or tablet as opposed to being tethered to a TV.

Almost all newer smart TVs are built with processors and storage to account for streaming. Face it, the tech has turned the corner. Get on board, and eat your pudding.

CountryFrog

Streaming is still in its nacency, and it it will only grow and get better. One, there is no hardware. Two, there is no hardware. What I spent for "insurance" alone on each piece of equipment covers the cost of my YTTV. There's just too much benefit to being able to watch a game or show from your phone, computer, or tablet as opposed to being tethered to a TV.

Almost all newer smart TVs are built with processors and storage to account for streaming. Face it, the tech has turned the corner. Get on board, and eat your pudding.
I love pudding

Wexahu

YouTube TV with Roku apps works great for me.

Thinking of going this direction. Are live sports "live" or is there still a 30-40 second delay? That's the one downside I could see. I don't need a zillion channels, just the main 6 or 7 that I watch 98% of the time and I think youtube has all those.