• The KillerFrogs

Wilder-Fury II

Chongo94

There were a lot of things that surprised me last week about people's opinions of this fight.

Like how many people picked Wilder in the ESPN poll.

And after the weigh-in, a lot of people were saying well Fury's too heavy, he doesn't look in shape...the added weight will hurt him … saw a number of comparisons to Andy Ruiz before the Anthony Joshua rematch.

I watched the weigh-in and thought the opposite....that Fury looked good, looked strong and that the added weight could help him, just as he'd been saying.

Teddy Atlas is wrong about a lot of things, so I ignore a lot of what he says - including the twitter post below - but I post it here because I saw a number of people who had similar opinions after the weigh-in...

And on fight night I see people commenting that Fury looks too loose and relaxed in his dressing room...

It's amazing how many people were completely wrong about this fight.

Reminds me of the first Holyfield-Tyson fight when Ron Borges was the only media member who took Holyfield in the press poll.

Listening to British radio (for my soccer interests) and nearly every single one of them knew with certainty that Fury would win. They were somewhat concerned by the all American judges, however.

But listen to the Brits for the fight knowledge these days. They’re running the game lately.

FBallFan123

What an idiot.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an excuse like this before.

I mean, I get that boxer's have egos and they often lie to themselves to rationalize losses.

But man....I wonder how he thinks it benefits him to say this publicly.

Anyways, here's the costume Wilder says beat him Saturday night...

Last edited:

netty2424

I'm not sure I've ever seen an excuse like this before.

I mean, I get that boxer's have egos and they often lie to themselves to rationalize losses.

But man....I wonder how he thinks it benefits him to say this publicly.

Anyways, here's the costume Wilder says beat him Saturday night...

Costume was pretty kick arse, but $40k. Yikes.

FBallFan123

I hate this guy so much.

The responses are pretty good though.

It speaks to the fragility of his ego that he keeps adding excuses... and seems to have no one around him that can get him to shut up.

Seeing the way he’s dealt with the well-respected Breland you get the sense Wilder only surrounds himself with yes men.

Like you point out ... people are getting a kick out of all the excuses...

-his costume was too heavy
-his cornerman spiked his water
-Fury tampered with his gloves

British fans seem particularly amused that in all of this, he also admits to turning down an Anthony Joshua offer for more money ...

Chongo94

It speaks to the fragility of his ego that he keeps adding excuses... and seems to have no one around him that can get him to shut up.

Seeing the way he’s dealt with the well-respected Breland you get the sense Wilder only surrounds himself with yes men.

Like you point out ... people are getting a kick out of all the excuses...

-his costume was too heavy
-his cornerman spiked his water
-Fury tampered with his gloves

British fans seem particularly amused that in all of this, he also admits to turning down an Anthony Joshua offer for more money ...

Joshua would expose him as well. He’s just looking like an outright clown now and that’s saying something given the heavyweights that have percolated through the boxing realm ha.