• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs WVU Game Thread

Eight

finally got a chance to watch the game last night and the one thing this team has done for the most part this season is play hard.

they don't shoot well on a regular basis, might not play beautiful basketball much of the time, but they compete most games out and they wouldn't back down against some teams that bullied them on the road,

frances said early in the year the conference isn't very deep this year and after the top 2 i think there are a bunch of average teams that are very inconsistent in their shooting, taking care of the ball, and match ups really have mattered in these games.

a few players had some bad moments taking care of the basketball, but the 12 turnovers is the lowest number they have had in almost 2 months

the frogs do have a legit shot at 8 wins which would be a very good year and there is nothing wrong with being greedy with wins.

Last edited:

Francis Xav

finally got a chance to watch the game last night and the one thing this team has done for the most part this season is play hard.

they don't shoot well on a regular basis, might not play beautiful basketball much of the time, but they compete most games out and they wouldn't back down against some teams that bullied them on the road,

frances said early in the year the conference isn't very deep this year and after the top 2 i think there are a bunch of average teams that are very inconsistent in their shooting, taking care of the ball, and match ups really have mattered in these games.

a few players had some bad moments taking care of the basketball, but the 12 turnovers is the lowest number they have had in almost 2 months

the frogs do have a legit shot at 8 wins which would be a very good year and there is nothing wrong with being greedy with wins.
Exactly...who knows.. the field is weak. We have opps for some wins here w kansas isu and baylor.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Exactly...who knows.. the field is weak. We have opps for some wins here w kansas isu and baylor.
I mean... don't look now, but we are tied for fifth and a game back from 4th... I'm just sayin...We aren't the only "disappointing" team this year if conference record is the metric. Plus we're not nearly as "disappointing" as the other teams tied with us. We were supposed to be 10th.

Rose Bowl

I mean... don't look now, but we are tied for fifth and a game back from 4th... I'm just sayin...We aren't the only "disappointing" team this year if conference record is the metric. Plus we're not nearly as "disappointing" as the other teams tied with us. We were supposed to be 10th.

Satis quit bringing logic onto this board. You’ve been told we’re the worst team in the conference. Were very surely the most disappointing team in the country.

Eight

Clearly proof that 7 of the 10 teams are TERRIBLY coached.

the interesting thing is that there have been multiples games this year played by multiple teams where every school in that grouping below baylor and kansas has looked like they haven't ever been coaches and i would say 6 of the 10 haven't make a pretty strong case this year that a specific point and time they were the worst team in the big 12.

still going back to frances comments that the most consistent thing among that cluster of teams is their inconsistency.

satis and others have made the point as well there has been alot of bad basketball played this year that is tough to watch.

not sure why as aau basketball isn't something new, but for as individually skilled as the players are today the quality of half court offense has not been good this year for many of the games i have seen and not just tcu or the big 12.

CountryFrog

the interesting thing is that there have been multiples games this year played by multiple teams where every school in that grouping below baylor and kansas has looked like they haven't ever been coaches and i would say 6 of the 10 haven't make a pretty strong case this year that a specific point and time they were the worst team in the big 12.

still going back to frances comments that the most consistent thing among that cluster of teams is their inconsistency.

satis and others have made the point as well there has been alot of bad basketball played this year that is tough to watch.

not sure why as aau basketball isn't something new, but for as individually skilled as the players are today the quality of half court offense has not been good this year for many of the games i have seen and not just tcu or the big 12.
College basketball in general is a tough watch if you don't have a dog in the fight. Only time I watch a game on tv is when I record it and then can watch the 40 basketball minutes in about 15 real minutes.

Eight

College basketball in general is a tough watch if you don't have a dog in the fight. Only time I watch a game on tv is when I record it and then can watch the 40 basketball minutes in about 15 real minutes.

think i have posted this before, but will say it again.

was at the gym and they had the last 5 minutes of the az- udub game from seattle a few weeks back and for all the talent on the court in both those teams it was the worst 5 minutes of basketball i have seen this year aside from the last 5 minutes of the tcu - ok state women's game yesterday which reminded me why i don't watch women's basketball

Rose Bowl

I’m just the opposite. I’m usually invested in about 20 games a week and probably watch 5 minutes of another 50+. I don’t think there are enough true basketball fans around here and that’s why we struggle with attendance. JMO.

Eight

Would change the entire perception of this season if we can get a road win against Iowa State tomorrow night, and then somehow find a way to beat #2 Baylor on Saturday.

Sounds crazy, but we kept it a game in Waco, and have typically played much better at home. Hope the students show up in force for that game.

i think it is very possible for the frogs to finish 8-8 in conference play and it simply isn't a matter of the preseason projections that make that hard to imagine at times

frogs are shooting 39% from the field, 31% from 3 and are a negative 31 in assists to turnovers and yet have found a way to grind out 6 wins and in a position for more.

iowa state is big key and while baylor would be great they are undefeated on the road this year while ou with only 1 win is more likely the second win which would be a great way to cap the regular season

Peacefrog

Degenerate
i think it is very possible for the frogs to finish 8-8 in conference play and it simply isn't a matter of the preseason projections that make that hard to imagine at times

frogs are shooting 39% from the field, 31% from 3 and are a negative 31 in assists to turnovers and yet have found a way to grind out 6 wins and in a position for more.

iowa state is big key and while baylor would be great they are undefeated on the road this year while ou with only 1 win is more likely the second win which would be a great way to cap the regular season
8-8? Are we ignoring two non-wins?