• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

flyfishingfrog

got in the car to hear the end...glad Beethe got to throw a solid inning. Feel like he has the stuff but was over throwing in his last two outings to show everyone he was a closer.

My groups take is if Minnesota is really picked to finish 2nd in the B10 - they are either going to have to figure out something much different on the mound or Michigan is going to win the conference running away.

Even their win on Sunday was not impressive and largely due to some bad baseball on our end as much as what they did on the field. Not sure I am confident this series win will be as impressive at the end of the year as it was forecast to be before the weekend started.

Or maybe we are just going to be something special this year...there is always hope.

See everyone Wednesday (not tomorrow).

Pharm Frog

got in the car to hear the end...glad Beethe got to throw a solid inning. Feel like he has the stuff but was over throwing in his last two outings to show everyone he was a closer.

My groups take is if Minnesota is really picked to finish 2nd in the B10 - they are either going to have to figure out something much different on the mound or Michigan is going to win the conference running away.

Even their win on Saturday was not impressive and largely due to some bad baseball on our end as much as what they did on the field. Not sure I am confident this series win will be as impressive at the end of the year as it was forecast to be before the weekend started.

Or maybe we are just going to be something special this year...there is always hope.

See everyone Wednesday (not tomorrow).
Some of those northern teams don’t hit their stride for another month or so. These will be good wins when all is said and done.

flyfishingfrog

Some of those northern teams don’t hit their stride for another month or so. These will be good wins when all is said and done.
I hope so - it would be great if Schloss' philosophy change to really push playing P5 programs in OOC weekend series pays off by combining with what seems to be something pretty solid by TCU on the field - and gets us where we want to be in the post season.

Punter1

I was pretty critical in the weeks before the season of Schloss and the No News bit he was playing....until I realized it was all because he didn't want to reveal what he already knew....that this team has a chance to be special and staying off the radar is the best way to attack the early season.

We've got a ton of fired up, pissed off dudes (Starting with Schloss and 'Loos) and they are playing like it.

So keep the No News coming...I don't give a rat's ass when Cal and whoever else comes back...keep that info in house with this bunker mentality. Let's just keep winning games.

flyfishingfrog

I was pretty critical in the weeks before the season of Schloss and the No News bit he was playing....until I realized it was all because he didn't want to reveal what he already knew....that this team has a chance to be special and staying off the radar is the best way to attack the early season.

We've got a ton of fired up, pissed off dudes (Starting with Schloss and 'Loos) and they are playing like it.

So keep the No News coming...I don't give a rat's ass when Cal and whoever else comes back...keep that info in house with this bunker mentality. Let's just keep winning games.
I truly think Schloss was being honest when he said he felt like we had the talent to win 40 but with all the new faces he could see us struggling to gel and winning 20.

He isn't paranoid as Gary when it comes to making public statements - he just doesn't tend to say things he isn't really confident about.

And when Cal and Brown will be ready seems to be only known to our Lord Almighty...

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Guess Quilter is AWOL today...

OIP.wBRz2GmPoZbLb2vwWSkPKAHaFj

Frogs Win!!!

ftwfrog

What's the logical weekend order of a rotation? Do you always put your second best guy on Saturday? Or are there any valid arguments for leaving him for Sunday?
I’ve also heard of rotating styles of pitchers. If you want to go Righty, Lefty, Righty. Or for example if you have a more precision, mix it up, arm angle (Preston Morrison) throw him in the middle to keep the other team off balance.

I like Pharm’s idea of using your inning eater or ace in the middle game.

Side note, maniac, You need to get off this site and back to booking your flight to Omaha!

Purp

Did I miss some superstitious post about keeping all game threads in this thread? Why don’t we have separate game threads and keep this thread for “season related baseball news”? Because let’s face it, right now we’re a baseball school.
It's working. I'd say "don't mess with a streak" but we kinda need another win for that to make sense right now.

Pharm Frog

I’ve also heard of rotating styles of pitchers. If you want to go Righty, Lefty, Righty. Or for example if you have a more precision, mix it up, arm angle (Preston Morrison) throw him in the middle to keep the other team off balance.

I like Pharm’s idea of using your inning eater or ace in the middle game.

Side note, maniac, You need to get off this site and back to booking your flight to Omaha!

Just to be clear....that wasn't Pharm's idea. It was just Pharm's observation. I suppose it comes down to a trade-off between matchups and routines. I seem to recall a while back that we had a pitcher who just couldn't stand wearing the baggy throw-backs and could never get comfortable in them. Seems both weird and understandable at the same time.