• The KillerFrogs

OT Question about electronics disposal

Limp Lizard

I have a lot of old electronics, outdated stuff, like old clock radios, routers, etc. as well as wires (coaxial cables, etc). What is the best way to get rid of this stuff?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I have a lot of old electronics, outdated stuff, like old clock radios, routers, etc. as well as wires (coaxial cables, etc). What is the best way to get rid of this stuff?

Many retailers offer trade-in programs that give you cash for your old devices. Target's NextWorth program allows you to exchange old phones, laptops, video games and more for a Target gift card, Amazon will pay you for your old Kindle (plus hundreds of other old devices), and if you send in your old Apple products to Apple's Recycling Program and they're still worth something, you'll get a gift card with that amount to use towards future Apple purchases.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Frognosticator will, for a fee, store them in his butthole. His butthole has been approved by Congress for transuranic waste storage once Yucca Mountain fills up, but for now he rents out the space in his butthole for old computers, batteries, etc.

HToady

There is a dump center for electronics on Old Hemphill Road, just south of the University Little League parks.

That is if you live in FW. They will ask to see your drivers license to make sure.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Fort Worth's recycler is really picky. No styrofoam, no mixed (plastic and metal), no paper towels, etc.....and that would definitely mean no wires.
I don't do city/municipal recycling, I go to a for-profit business which buys anything of value. They do well with the electronics, including old cell phones, audio/video equipment, etc. I generally go to the one in Fredericksburg, but the one in Marble Falls takes them as well. With those small town businesses, I expect there would be some in the larger cities as well.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Some people have accused Frognosticator of being fat, pointing to his grossly distended lower abdomen as Exhibit A. Steel hisownself may have been guilty of such in the past.

Little did we know that the "Nostic one was serving the public good by storing hazardous materials in his lower bowels, through the gateway of his well-used butthole.

So, he isn't fat after all.

Stupid, yes. Fat, maybe not.

Some people have accused Frognosticator of being fat, pointing to his grossly distended lower abdomen as Exhibit A. Steel hisownself may have been guilty of such in the past.

Little did we know that the "Nostic one was serving the public good by storing hazardous materials in his lower bowels, through the gateway of his well-used butthole.

Listen you regurgitated [ Finebaum ], I happen to do a great service by storing hazardous materials in my anal cavity. I get paid quite handsomely for it too.

Don't get jealous just because your rectum was deemed to toxic and large for the same use.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

Listen you regurgitated [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ], I happen to do a great service by storing hazardous materials in my anal cavity. I get paid quite handsomely for it too.

Don't get jealous just because your rectum was deemed to toxic and large for the same use.
You two are so cute together.

Eight

I use the same drain gutter as I do for lead paint and used motor oil.

2IxiYVX.gif