• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

flyfishingfrog

Minneapolis is a great town. If you can’t enjoy a weekend there you’re doing it wrong.
It’s great in the summer - when golf and fishing are options

in the winter when they think 38 is a warm day - and our team is playing on a makeshift field with 1500 people sitting in an 80k seat stadium so if feels like a cave - it so much

ftwfrog

in the winter when they think 38 is a warm day - and our team is playing on a makeshift field with 1500 people sitting in an 80k seat stadium so if feels like a cave - it so much
Go to Dangerous Man Brewery and get a Peanut Butter Porter. Best beer I’ve ever had in my life and I don’t even like peanut butter.

flyfishingfrog

Go to Dangerous Man Brewery and get a Peanut Butter Porter. Best beer I’ve ever had in my life and I don’t even like peanut butter.
Thanks - but really tonight was our only night to go out since they shifted to a Saturday night, Sunday afternoon, Monday lunch schedule for the games

we flew in Saturday morning and are headed home right after the game tomorrow

another reason why this wasn’t the greatest road trip

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I went to the USD game last year. It was cold and raining. I didn’t think San Diego sucked because of it or that my trip was a bust.

HFrog12

TCU not ranked

Didn't we have the #1 RPI before yesterday? I assume the loss yesterday dropped us pretty good. Not concerned this early with the rankings but should we take care of business today then we will have have one of the better resumes thus far.

flyfishingfrog

I went to the USD game last year. It was cold and raining. I didn’t think San Diego sucked because of it or that my trip was a bust.
San Diego has never been as cold as it is in Minneapolis and they think they are having an Indian summer here

besides I wasn’t really complaining about the city - I was saying this entire weekend series is already played out after only two games - over it

plus I don’t remember playing USD in a football stadium made up to look like a bad news bears in the Astrodome field including the fake outfield fence and cargo containers for dug outs

Sorry - i stand by my original PoV that agreeing to play Minnesota at their home anytime before April was a mistake

I get the Gophers trying to find a way to play some home games before conference play - but when the city built the Vikings a new stadium that was not multi-purpose and then also tore down the Metrodome because the Twins had Target field - UofM needed to just move on to the reality that other northern teams face and play on the road

Or work with the city and the area high schools to build an indoor baseball field...the turf isn’t even right for baseball at US Bank from what I heard last night.

Pharm Frog

Didn't we have the #1 RPI before yesterday? I assume the loss yesterday dropped us pretty good. Not concerned this early with the rankings but should we take care of business today then we will have have one of the better resumes thus far.

Dropped us from #1 to #6.

froginmn

Fishing is still an option but you'll need an ice house. ;-)

Get to Murray's Steakhouse (6th and Hennepin) at 11 when it opens. Grab a steak sandwich, then walk a block to the light rail station at 5th and Hennepin for a 5 minute ride to the stadium.

You have an hour to get to Murray's....

You're welcome

flyfishingfrog

Fishing is still an option but you'll need an ice house. ;-)

Get to Murray's Steakhouse (6th and Hennepin) at 11 when it opens. Grab a steak sandwich, then walk a block to the light rail station at 5th and Hennepin for a 5 minute ride to the stadium.

You have an hour to get to Murray's....

You're welcome
Just sat down at Murray’s - thanks for the suggestion

Pharm Frog

So far we’ve learned that Boston has had a mild winter and that Chuck prefers The Rolling Stones over Dexys Midnight Runners.

I love tuning in early and listening to the pre-call banter.