• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs WVU Game Thread

CountryFrog

The same way he can lose to ut without the horns leading scorer and leading rebounder.

The same way he can lose a 12 point lead to clemson in the last 3 minutes.

The same way he can lose by 46 and 32 points in games where it looks like only one team bothered to show up.

This was a gritty hard fought win over a good team. The frogs deserve props for that. But unless this win somehow erases the multiple bad l8sses we have had I am not sure what your point is.
Good job staying committed to your cause

CountryFrog

I don’t love Dixon but he’s taken a team that about 80% of this board thought would win 4 or less games in the Big 12 and found a way to win at least 6.....so I’m not gonna complain about too much.
I was one of those people who thought 4 wins was about our max going into conference play.

Farmfrog

There were a large number of posters who said we were a very bad team. A “bad” team does not win this game today against WVU. We’re not elite, and nobody said we were, but we’re not bad and if you think we are then it’s a you problem not a team problem.

Any word on how Cisco is doing? Concussions are never good.

Genbukan

There were a large number of posters who said we were a very bad team. A “bad” team does not win this game today against WVU. We’re not elite, and nobody said we were, but we’re not bad and if you think we are then it’s a you problem not a team problem.

Any word on how Cisco is doing? Concussions are never good.

Farm I respect your hoops insight although we disagree on this.

If it were just me then the fans would still be coming out to the games. Did you see how many empty seats we had? Thing is...its not just me.

If Dixon can get this turned around the fans will come back....eventually. This program does not have the luxury of operating in a vacuum.....bad play has consequences.

Hopefully this is just a one and a half year rebuild and next year sees a more competitive team with more rabid fans.

Farmfrog

Farm I respect your hoops insight although we disagree on this.

If it were just me then the fans would still be coming out to the games. Did you see how many empty seats we had? Thing is...its not just me.

If Dixon can get this turned around the fans will come back....eventually. This program does not have the luxury of operating in a vacuum.....bad play has consequences.

Hopefully this is just a one and a half year rebuild and next year sees a more competitive team with more rabid fans.

Genbukan, for me it’s not about the fans it’s about the team. You and I have a different opinion on what a bad team is. We are not a good P5 team but that doesn’t make us bad. What I really don’t understand is if anyone has been watching they can see the team’s shortcomings. That leads us to be a very inconsistent team and that is not going to change anytime soon.

As for fans I look at it much differently than you in that if you’re a TCU sports fan and you have no reason to miss a game then I believe you should be there like me. If you need a team to be a consistent winner to attend a game then to my way of thinking it just makes you a follower and not a supporter. I’m in the minority and I know it but my fandom doesn’t rest on wins and losses.

PurpleBlood87

Farm I know you’re too nice but I’ll say it. TCU has some very weak fans who only support the team if its winning.

I've had season tickets since the Tubbs era except for one season when Jim Christian was the coach and I decided not to get them. That season, I went to every home game, when I didn't have to work. I just waiting in front of the gates until someone gave me a ticket. One older season ticket holder gave me a ticket to about 75 percent of the games. He had four tickets and no one ever came to the game with him.

The best night during that season was a night when the road had ice on them and I was standing outside and few people were at the game. So I had resigned myself to buying a ticket. Just then CDC walked by an asked me why I was outside. I said, "I'm waiting for someone to give me a ticket." CDC said you are with me. We walked inside and CDC tried to walk through the turnstile and the lady stopped him and asked for a ticket. He pulled out his wallet and showed his TCU ID. She still wouldn't let him in. Then a TCU Police Officer walked up and told the lady who she was and she let us in.

Delray Frog

Just wanted to remind the haters out there of what happened yesterday in our win. Players shot 13-17 from the free throw line. (Kevin 5-6 I believe.) We held them to 12% from the three point line, And after being down in rebounds by 10 at the half, we end up tied with one of the best rebounding teams in the country 35-35. Credit is due to the players for working hard on what have been weaknesses and to the coach for keeping them motivated and making great adjustments to put the players in a position to win! We will lose more games this year but this team will get better and I believe the future is bright. Go Frogs!