• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs WVU Game Thread

Realtorfrog

I’m 100000% sure it was a bad call,

Especially in the last 1 second of the game.

But I’m literally sure and very absolutely certain you are right moose.

I hope you see the wit in my post, but I bet you won’t. I bet you’ll still reply to prove your incorrect point.
It comes down to would have been called had it been Ku baylor tech ok????????

CountryFrog

The Bane play. I've seen much worse not get called. I saw much worse in this game not get called. Taking the winning basket off the board with that was terrible.

It was a foul I think. Just waiting for the one time we get something like that to go our way in a home game since I keep being told that home teams constantly get all the calls in college basketball.

Froginbedford

So who wants to [ hundin] and moan about the coach today?

I don't know why some on here are celebrating a Frog win since it only casts doubt as to the,,, ineptitude/boredom/the game has passed him by,,, of the coach and dents their chants for his dismissal/retirement/relocation...maybe even saved his job for another year...which means we can't go out and hire a shining star in the college basketball universe to take his place.... J/K S/

tcumaniac

yea, I’m just crushed. Seriously, just watch the replay. I’m just not a drama queen like you.
I watched it live in person. And then I watched the replay multiple times that they showed on the video board.

The WVU guy initiated contact (as much if not more contact than fouls called against TCU all game) and Des stuck his arm up and slightly pushed off. You could technically make a case to call a foul on either player, which is the exact reason a situationally aware ref should NEVER make a call like that on the final shot of the game. John Higgins is an egotistical prick that likes to make games all about him. That foul should never have been called. Never in a million years.

I’ll admit I can tend to be overdramatic and obnoxious in the middle of a game thread, but your obsessive desire to play the role of the impartial voice of reason is insufferable.

That foul never ever ever should have been called.

Good for the Frogs keeping their composure and still finding a way to win after having the victory unfairly taken from them.

Pharm Frog

I don’t love Dixon but he’s taken a team that about 80% of this board thought would win 4 or less games in the Big 12 and found a way to win at least 6.....so I’m not gonna complain about too much.

Yep...we’re one conf win away from what I thought was our highest ceiling.

Moose Stuff

I watched it live in person. And then I watched the replay multiple times that they showed on the video board.

The WVU guy initiated contact (as much if not more contact than fouls called against TCU all game) and Des stuck his arm up and slightly pushed off. You could technically make a case to call a foul on either player, which is the exact reason a situationally aware ref should NEVER make a call like that on the final shot of the game. John Higgins is an egotistical prick that likes to make games all about him. That foul should never have been called. Never in a million years.

I’ll admit I can tend to be overdramatic and obnoxious in the middle of a game thread, but your obsessive desire to play the role of the impartial voice of reason is insufferable.

That foul never ever ever should have been called.

Good for the Frogs keeping their composure and still finding a way to win after having the victory unfairly taken from them.

And lord knows everybody hates an impartial voice of reason. I think most people see what they want to see. Had the roles been reversed I have no doubt most everyone would be bitching if they didn’t call the foul.

TRF51

So who wants to [ hundin] and moan about the coach today?

He did good today. I liked the zone defense. One thing I would have liked to see is to bring DeDe in with Kevin down the back end of the stretch when they were playing their two bigs (probably to get the offensive board, which I think they did once). I understand you don’t want them both out their for offense but they could have subbed like WVU did when they went in defense.

berryfrog95

This game doesn’t mean Jamie gets a pass for his roster management and some abysmal losses, but he does get credit for getting the players motivated for this and many other victories in the past....switching defense throughout the game was a key move. Still not in love with him or his style but it may be all we can achieve at TCU.....we’ll see

I’m hoping we can end up at worst 16–15 regular season so we can get some sort of postseason, gets these kids more reps. (16-16 if we lose 1st rd big xii)

Farmfrog

I just have one question for our hoops geniuses on this board. How can the worst team and coach beat a ranked team that beat them so badly already?

I saw pages upon pages of posts saying we sucked but then we beat a ranked opponent. How is us winning even possible?

Genbukan

I don't know why some on here are celebrating a Frog win since it only casts doubt as to the,,, ineptitude/boredom/the game has passed him by,,, of the coach and dents their chants for his dismissal/retirement/relocation...maybe even saved his job for another year...which means we can't go out and hire a shining star in the college basketball universe to take his place.... J/K S/
I just have one question for our hoops geniuses on this board. How can the worst team and coach beat a ranked team that beat them so badly already?

I saw pages upon pages of posts saying we sucked but then we beat a ranked opponent. How is us winning even possible?

The same way he can lose to ut without the horns leading scorer and leading rebounder.

The same way he can lose a 12 point lead to clemson in the last 3 minutes.

The same way he can lose by 46 and 32 points in games where it looks like only one team bothered to show up.

This was a gritty hard fought win over a good team. The frogs deserve props for that. But unless this win somehow erases the multiple bad l8sses we have had I am not sure what your point is.

TooColdU

The same reason how we lost by 40+ in Lubbock but beat them in Fort Worth.

West Virginia is 1-6 in conference road games. 7-7 overall in Big 12 games. Just shows how other teams struggle badly on the road as well.