• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

I stopped following this thread about 2 1/2 years ago when redirects just about ruined this site, and when the site kept losing track of what page I was on in a given thread (I'd come back to this thread and it would put me on page 1 even though I had just been here the day before). I decided to come back a while ago so I could catch up.

Been going through 40-50 pages a day. Want to get in a few conversations but then I remember that I'm far from current.

Cautiously hoping this thread doesn't now include a relatively new poster who posts about 30% of the entire site's content. Or should I say "eight" percent...

I'm within 2 years now, and I'm coming.... see y'all soon. Edit: soon in a relative sense.

oCr0D.jpg
Great picture. I can tell you lost weight.

froginmn

Worked with an orthopedic surgeon years ago who was going thru an acrimonious divorce. He was a real peacock; thought he was the most desirable guy in the room and just knew all the women wanted him. He was so vain that he didn't carry a wallet, cause it took away from the nice curve of his ass. When he got to the hospital in the morning, he locked his wallet, with a large sum of cash, in his corvette. Well, over time, he realized he was losing money but couldn't figure out how. Finally, he figured out that his wife, who had access to his OnStar account, was stopping by the hospital, calling OnStar to unlock the car, and taking some cash for herself. The nurses thought it was hysterical, since they didn't care from him. Moral of the story: keep your wallet in your pocket.
Quoting from the wayback machine. This reminds me of a good story my dad used to tell. He was a surgeon and an epic practical joker. The hospital where he primarily worked had two parking lots for staff. One time he decided to have some fun with another doc. When this guy went into surgery one day, my dad went and took his keys, then re-parked this doctor's car in the other lot and returned the keys to where the doc had left them. When the doc got out of his long surgery, he went to where his car had been. He stormed back in a few minutes later to the staff lounge, raging about how his car had been stolen.

My dad said, Gordy, are you sure you didn't park in the other lot? He resisted but finally went to the other lot and found his car. He came back in to let the docs know and my dad said he really should take a vacation because he was probably overly stressed.

A couple weeks later Dad repeated the gag. Gordy raged again and Dad asked if he was in the other lot again. No, no, I know where I parked this time. Dad told him just to go see, since he'd been so stressed the last time.

Dad had his friend ready to take a long vacation before letting him know...

Quoting from the wayback machine. This reminds me of a good story my dad used to tell. He was a surgeon and an epic practical joker. The hospital where he primarily worked had two parking lots for staff. One time he decided to have some fun with another doc. When this guy went into surgery one day, my dad went and took his keys, then re-parked this doctor's car in the other lot and returned the keys to where the doc had left them. When the doc got out of his long surgery, he went to where his car had been. He stormed back in a few minutes later to the staff lounge, raging about how his car had been stolen.

My dad said, Gordy, are you sure you didn't park in the other lot? He resisted but finally went to the other lot and found his car. He came back in to let the docs know and my dad said he really should take a vacation because he was probably overly stressed.

A couple weeks later Dad repeated the gag. Gordy raged again and Dad asked if he was in the other lot again. No, no, I know where I parked this time. Dad told him just to go see, since he'd been so stressed the last time.

Dad had his friend ready to take a long vacation before letting him know...

I was waiting for the "the other doc died of a stroke" punchline.

Ron Swanson

I'll be honest, I'm glad I was out of the game by the time dating apps rolled around. My buddies have some great tinder stories though.
I had a fun little run for a couple months before I met my wife.

My wife had to have the most successful Tinder experience in history. She created her profile on a Friday morning, I was her first match, we went on a date that night, hit it off and then got married 3 years later.

We should’ve been on a Tinder commercial.