• The KillerFrogs

247 Sports: TCU promotes ex-QB Kenny Hill to offensive analyst

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU promotes ex-QB Kenny Hill to offensive analyst

By Dean Straka

Former TCU and Texas A&M quarterback Kenny Hill has earned a promotion from graduate assistant to offensive analyst on the TCU football staff. The news was first reported by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram Wednesday morning.

Hill, a former four-star prospect out of Southlake Carroll (Southlake, Texas) in the class of 2013, spent the first two seasons of his collegiate career at Texas A&M before transferring to TCU. Hill, after sitting out the 2015 season, served as the Horned Frogs' starter from 2016-2017 and helped lead TCU to an 11-3 finish in 2017.

Read more at https://247sports.com/Article/kenny...aggies-promotion-offensive-analyst-144015829/

TRF51

Good for him but I personally don’t think anyone on the offensive side of the ball needed a promotion off last years performance. Not sure how much of an impact an analyst can have anyways.

Pharm Frog

Good for him but I personally don’t think anyone on the offensive side of the ball needed a promotion off last years performance. Not sure how much of an impact an analyst can have anyways.

precisely where I’m at on this and I’ll add that there shouldn’t be any benefit associated with incumbency for any position players (although there may only be one healthy player at a certain position). If we’re adamant that there isn’t going to be major personnel change at least nobody should benefit from the product we displayed last season.

CountryFrog

Not sure this is actually a promotion as much as it is just a way to keep him on the staff. If he's done with grad school then I don't think he can be a GA anymore so they have to find some other position for him.

I think bringing in Kill to be master of the universe on offense or whatever his title is basically serves as a de facto demotion to the entire offensive staff. You guys weren't getting it done so here's someone new to help you all out and tell you what you do.

tcudoc

An analyst is allowed somewhat limited player contact. He will also serve as a therapist, for which he can have unlimited player interactions. He will be NCAA football’s first combination analyst/therapist. They have not yet given the position an official name.

Last edited:
Not sure this is actually a promotion as much as it is just a way to keep him on the staff. If he's done with grad school then I don't think he can be a GA anymore so they have to find some other position for him.

I think bringing in Kill to be master of the universe on offense or whatever his title is basically serves as a de facto demotion to the entire offensive staff. You guys weren't getting it done so here's someone new to help you all out and tell you what you do.

I'm on board

CryptoMiner

Not sure about the "demotion" part as I think Cumbie was more than on-board with bringing Kill in, mostly because it would keep Patterson from constantly over-riding him.

Chongo94

Honestly the three best, healthy QBs on the "roster" are Duggan, Hill and Cumbie. Probably not in that order

Cumbie would’ve never survived behind the Oline last year, truly, he would’ve died on the field. I remember when he played at a Tech. Dude was as slow as a glacier.

Billy Clyde

An analyst is allowed somewhat limited player contact. He will also serve as a therapist, for which he can have unlimited player interactions. He will be the NCAA football’s first combination analyst/therapist. They have not yet given the position an official name.

Ooh! I know this one!!