• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Longhorns Wednesday Night Basketball

CountryFrog

I think a lot of fans need to seriously re-evaluate what the TCU basketball coaching job is before thinking that we could easily bring in a better coach than Jamie Dixon.

Not what you THINK the program should be or what you HOPE it might become one day but what it actually is and has been this century. Before Dixon got here, this was the basketball equivalent of Kansas in football. View it that way, and go through the list of highly successful football coaches you think want to go to Kansas.

What are his screw ups?

That's not the point. He needs to start owning up to what's happening in basketball and other sports and changing direction. That doesn't mean people always, it might mean process or how he can help them be successful. He needs to do things differently than CDC and right now it seems he has stayed with what has been comfortable and what has always been done. That isn't working. Slowly TCU is being left behind. He has to figure out a new game plan, a new direction.

CountryFrog

That's not the point. He needs to start owning up to what's happening in basketball and other sports and changing direction. That doesn't mean people it might mean process or how he can help them be successful. He needs to do things differently than CDC and right now it seems he has stayed with what has been comfortable and what has always been done. That isn't working. Slowly TCU is being left behind. He has to figure out a new game plan, a new direction.
I think you have to be incredibly naive or ignorant to truly believe any of what has happened with the football or basketball teams the last 2 years is in any way the fault of the AD.

I think a lot of fans need to seriously re-evaluate what the TCU basketball coaching job is before thinking that we could easily bring in a better coach than Jamie Dixon.

Not what you THINK the program should be or what you HOPE it might become one day but what it actually is and has been this century. Before Dixon got here, this was the basketball equivalent of Kansas in football. View it that way, and go through the list of highly successful football coaches you think want to go to Kansas.

And TCU is right back to Kansas football level. How can TCU maintain success rather than go win a NIT and immediately go back down to Kansas football level.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
That's not the point. He needs to start owning up to what's happening in basketball and other sports and changing direction. That doesn't mean people always, it might mean process or how he can help them be successful. He needs to do things differently than CDC and right now it seems he has stayed with what has been comfortable and what has always been done. That isn't working. Slowly TCU is being left behind. He has to figure out a new game plan, a new direction.
You’re the one that mentioned his screw ups. Unless you literally meant screen ups. I was just wondering what you thought they were since you mentioned them.

TRF51

To be fair, we are not in a horrible situation. We are located in a good recruiting area and have great facilities and the coach is paid well. We are in a different situation then we were years ago.

I think you have to be incredibly naive or ignorant to truly believe any of what has happened with the football or basketball teams the last 2 years is in any way the fault of the AD.

Or maybe your naive to think he doesn't have things he can control to help the major sports be more successful. I think your underestimating the impact an AD can have especially with the overall direction of a program.

Wexahu

l think we finish in that range this year and we don’t get an invite. Maybe if we are not a top seed in the NIT?

This is an unusually down year for the conference. I think normally the league gets 6 NCAA bids. NIT is 7th or 8th place in a normal year.

CountryFrog

To be fair, we are not in a horrible situation. We are located in a good recruiting area and have great facilities and the coach is paid well. We are in a different situation then we were years ago.
This is exactly what I'm referring to with not thinking about what you believe the program should be. The program hasn't actually done anything. The idea that we suddenly deserve to be competing for Big 12 titles just because we rebuilt the arena and started paying more to our coach is pure fiction. It's something that some of you tell yourselves at night so that you can sleep better.

If you think coaches all over the country will be beating down ADJD's door just because we're in the metroplex and have a nice arena then you're way off.

CountryFrog

Or maybe your naive to think he doesn't have things he can control to help the major sports be more successful. I think your underestimating the impact an AD can have especially with the overall direction of a program.
Except THIS AD has been in THIS JOB for 2 years. And he inherited incredibly successful coaches in all 3 major sports. So the idea that he should've been doing much of anything with them other than fill out their schedules and keep them well paid is 100% revisionist history.

No, it’s not. Interesting hyperbole though.

It wasn't my exaggeration illustration it was his. I just added to it.

Look. Dixon can coach but its reboot for him year 4. Its frustrating. Other programs that would be unacceptable. I want TCU to have high standards. I can accept a rebuild by Dixon he probably has a big contract. However, how many rebuilds is TCU going to have in its sports? I hate losing.

CountryFrog

It wasn't my exaggeration illustration it was his. I just added to it.

Look. Dixon can coach but its reboot for him year 4. Its frustrating. Other programs that would be unacceptable. I want TCU to have high standards. I can accept a rebuild by Dixon he probably has a big contract. However, how many rebuilds is TCU going to have in its sports? I hate losing.
Really? You think I was exaggerating to say we were the Kansas of college basketball before Dixon got here? Actually Kansas football probably saw MORE success from 2000-2015 than TCU basketball did.

If you really believe that was an exaggeration by me then you're totally ignorant to what this program was for most of the last two decades.

Except THIS AD has been in THIS JOB for 2 years. And he inherited incredibly successful coaches in all 3 major sports. So the idea that he should've been doing much of anything with them other than fill out their schedules and keep them well paid is 100% revisionist history.

A new day is coming and he has a major power conference job. It's a big job TCU hired him to do. He has to put his big boy pants on and this is the pressure he has to deal with. If things are slowly moving TCU the wrong way he has to do the little things to put this P5 program back on track. Sorry not sorry.

Really? You think I was exaggerating to say we were the Kansas of college basketball before Dixon got here? Actually Kansas football probably saw MORE success from 2000-2015 than TCU basketball did.

If you really believe that was an exaggeration by me then you're totally ignorant to what this program was for most of the last two decades.

I was answering the other guy who said it was not. Good grief.

CountryFrog

A new day is coming and he has a major power conference job. It's a big job TCU hired him to do. He has to put his big boy pants on and this is the pressure he has to deal with. If things are slowly moving TCU the wrong way he has to do the little things to put this P5 program back on track. Sorry not sorry.
Ok big guy. Maybe you can loan him some of your big boy pants since you know all the little things that he should've been doing the last 2 years.

Rose Bowl

The problems I have with Jamie are tactical and his stubbornness. There were several adjustments we could have made but never did. He stubbornly tries to shoehorn square pegs into round holes. This is the same offense we’ve run since he got here but he doesn’t have the roster to run it effectively.

The one thing I differ with many is that Samuel is a real difference maker. Sometimes he gets a little lazy on the offensive end. The few times he does post up then we should get him the ball. His hands have gotten better but he still mishandles the ball a lot plus he misses way too many shots around the basket.