• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs Longhorns Wednesday Night Basketball

CountryFrog

RJ abs Samuel are clearly better than year one. It’s not even arguable. Bane is better as well. Jury out on the test but yes Bello shows signs of improvement.
Jury is out on the rest because the rest just got to campus about 7 months ago.

This team was basically Bane, Samuel, RJ, and new guys. The 3 who have been here have definitely improved during their time at TCU. Not a whole lot of improvement that can be expected with the others in such a short time frame imo.

Pharm Frog

CDC had less than zero to do with any athletic success we had while he was here. He did what AD’s are supposed to do - tell stories, pat himself on the back, politic, and raise money.

AD’s should ensure appropriate risk mitigation process is in place as well along with acquire information necessary to be forward looking while coaches are fixed on next play, next pitch, next heat, next serve, etc.

Wexahu

What do you suggest?

I think making a coaching change in basketball needs to be seriously considered.

Might be a year premature (I personally don't think it would be) but I think it would be best. Dixon showed his hand last year, this really isn't the job he wants, it's the job that was available to him when he was getting stale at Pitt and his years were probably numbered there. He's not earning his keep. An atmosphere where coaches can get super comfortable with average to below-average results is a recipe for mediocrity IMO.

This is terrible basketball.

Do you think JD should just fire everyone because dixon’s team had a bad season? Fire Patterson? And Schloss? That’s not leadership that’s knee jerking. I hope you don’t have a bad year at work and a knee jerk boss.

No, I don't think he should fire everyone, but he might have to make some moves. He might want to alleviate worry with TCU fans that he has plans to move the TCU program forward. Right now TCU sports has a losing mentality. He can start by focusing on the things he could control.
He needs to operate in all areas completely different from where our program has been and start changing things to new. He has to invest his time to his employees and on how he can help them be successful, how he can help them win. Maybe he does need to make some changes with the people around him. Maybe that is the right move? Maybe he needs to start sending a new message? His process and procedures need to change? Maybe he has to admit his screw ups and look to change? I dont know but something needs to happen because TCU sports is suffering since he took the helm. I praise him for the stadium build but now it's time to get the program corrected.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think making a coaching change in basketball needs to be seriously considered.

Might be a year premature (I personally don't think it would be) but I think it would be best. Dixon showed his hand last year, this really isn't the job he wants, it's the job that was available to him when he was getting stale at Pitt and his years were probably numbered there. He's not earning his keep. An atmosphere where coaches can get super comfortable with average to below-average results is a recipe for mediocrity IMO.

This is terrible basketball.
Three of the better seasons in TCU basketball history followed by a mediocre season seems a little premature to throw him out.

TRF51

As bad as it is I think if the coach does not produce a winner next year we need to look elsewhere. A winner would mean at minimum a deep NIT run, like last year. I would love it if we could execute down the stretch as well. We come up short way more than we pull it out in close games.

Wexahu

As bad as it is I think if the coach does not produce a winner next year we need to look elsewhere. A winner would mean at minimum a deep NIT run, like last year. I would love it if we could execute down the stretch as well. We come up short way more than we pull it out in close games.

An NIT run means probably a 7th or 8th place conference finish. No thanks.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
No, I don't think he should fire everyone, but he might have to make some moves. He might want to alleviate worry with TCU fans that he has plans to move the TCU program forward. Right now TCU sports has a losing mentality. He can start by focusing on the things he could control.
He needs to operate in all areas completely different from where our program has been and start changing things to new. He has to invest his time to his employees and on how he can help them be successful, how he can help them win. Maybe he does need to make some changes with the people around him. Maybe that is the right move? Maybe he needs to start sending a new message? His process and procedures need to change? Maybe he has to admit his screen ups and look to change? I dont know but something needs to happen because TCU sports is suffering since he took the helm. I praise him for the stadium build but now it's time to get the program corrected.

What are his screw ups?