• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
793E1F88-72FE-49BE-B027-28C934339DEE.gif

This is greatness.

Purp

It’s not my fault I’m one of the few people of my generation to see at the time that the rock of our era sucked. Just a bunch of dooshy dooshbags making dooshy music.

Let’s make our voice gravelly and wear flannel and be all angsty... turble

90’s hip hop and 90’s country? Fantastic

90’s alt-rock/grunge? The worst
I think this take caused you to miss out on some great music. I didn't enjoy the full grunge music genre, but I did enjoy bits of a lot of 90s rock. The 90s is exactly what America needed after 80s music.

Frog-in-law1995

Sublime, Weezer, Candlebox, Collective Soul, Gin Blossoms, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, RHCP, The Offspring, STP, Our Lady Peace... So many great rock bands in the 90s and I could name a couple dozen more too. Oasis would definitely make my top list too.

I’m a little older than you guys, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but not counting the chili peppers, which are an 80s band that carried over one great album by a couple years, there are between 4 and 6 songs I would miss if all of those bands disappeared, and 3 are on the same album.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
I liked some catchy songs here and there. I just thought for the most part, the era/genre was stupid.

There were five or six groups that were very talented IMO. The rest were commercialized garbage w/ one hit wonders.

I’m prob missing out on a lot of good country but when I’m in a country mood it’s early 90s country, 80s, and 70’s Outlaw. Cuts off at about ‘96 for me.

Purp

I’m a little older than you guys, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but not counting the chili peppers, which are an 80s band that carried over one great album by a couple years, there are between 4 and 6 songs I would miss if all of those bands disappeared, and 3 are on the same album.
You're right. Your opinion doesn't count. Also, Chili Peppers accomplished far more in the 90s than 80s. I count them as a 90s band. You're one of the reasons 80s music is so bad.

tcudoc

The 90's were medical school and young kids years for me. My music knowledge of the 90's is poor. My music knowledge for the late 60's, 70's, and 80's is way above average. I am a rock music trivia guy.
One time, somebody told me that the 80's were garbage for music and that there were no bands or artists that had a lasting impression. I came up with a laundry list of some of the most influential musicians of our time who were in 80's bands and went on to have huge success in different genres. I wish I still had that list. It was some really good work that I think would surprise a lot of people.

Frog-in-law1995

You're right. Your opinion doesn't count. Also, Chili Peppers accomplished far more in the 90s than 80s. I count them as a 90s band. You're one of the reasons 80s music is so bad.

I think it’s funny that the guy who put Weezer 2nd on his list of top 90’s band wants to talk about good music (incidentally, by your definition vis a vis the chili peppers, Weezer is an “aughts” band, though they might not want to claim them). Yeah, the 80s had some crap. The new wave pop stuff belongs in the trash can of music history along with grunge, but U2 wipes the floor with any of the crap in your last post.

ftwfrog

It’s not my fault I’m one of the few people of my generation to see at the time that the rock of our era sucked. Just a bunch of dooshy dooshbags making dooshy music.

Let’s make our voice gravelly and wear flannel and be all angsty... turble

90’s hip hop and 90’s country? Fantastic

90’s alt-rock/grunge? The worst

I like Old Dominion

Grunge was to rock as bro is to country.

Def not grunge, but Oasis was 90s rock and I’m thankful for that. Madferit!!!!

To quote the great Clark W. Grow wild, “I think you’re all scheissed in the head.”

With all due respect, of course.

Purp

I think it’s funny that the guy who put Weezer 2nd on his list of top 90’s band wants to talk about good music (incidentally, by your definition vis a vis the chili peppers, Weezer is an “aughts” band, though they might not want to claim them). Yeah, the 80s had some crap. The new wave pop stuff belongs in the trash can of music history along with grunge, but U2 wipes the floor with any of the crap in your last post.
Damn you're an old. Weezer is greatness. I'll admit their cover/tribute band Weener was a better concert, but that was a lot of fun music. Can't think of a Weezer song I don't like.

And no way they're an aughts band. They were putting out hits when I was in middle school. I graduated high school in 99. They were on the radio my entire high school experience.