• The KillerFrogs

Um, Quilter... It's Baseball Season!

tcumaniac

What are the odds next year we play some early season games at the new Rangers ballpark.

I bet we play a ton over there in Feb and March...

This got me thinking. If we ever redid Lupton (which I've heard numerous times Schloss wants), I assume we'd need to play a season somewhere else. Wonder where that would be.

Paint It Purple

What are the odds next year we play some early season games at the new Rangers ballpark.

I bet we play a ton over there in Feb and March...
I have sat through countless cold weather games. But, one of the coldest was at (perhaps) the first College Classic at indoor Minute Maid (might have even still been Enron then.) Careful what we wish for I guess.

Eight

I have sat through countless cold weather games. But, one of the coldest was at (perhaps) the first College Classic at indoor Minute Maid (might have even still been Enron then.) Careful what we wish for I guess.

on more than one occasion it has been really cold in that building.

secret there is when you do find one of the few concessions stands that are open and find out no one made any coffee you start drinking beer

GoFrog Yourself

This got me thinking. If we ever redid Lupton (which I've heard numerous times Schloss wants), I assume we'd need to play a season somewhere else. Wonder where that would be.
Any renovations he’s envisioning wouldn’t necessitate a move, unless he’s thinking complete tear down and rebuild.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
On the error, I figured that the outfielder has the call on the ball. He had the best look, and the best angle to make the catch.
Methinks that first game jitters played a role in the drama. Nobody will hesitate to call off infielders in the future...

Oh, and bunts!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yep. Like sitting in a refrigerator. You think it’s fine when you first sit down and you slowly become miserable over the next couple hours.
That game was just miserable. The wind was blowing in through the gap in the roof panels out in center field. Cut right through whatever we were wearing. It felt like it was in the 30s inside the ballpark.