• The KillerFrogs

Frogs v Tech Game Thread - ESPN2

wilson912

saturday might be the most important game remaining on the frogs schedule.

not sure what needs to happen in the next four days, but this team has to get back to moving the basketball in the half court, stop the constant dribbling while everyone else stands flat footed, and i wouldn't mind they push the tempo and attack the basket in transition
We have to play with more tempo, need some easy baskets!!

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Embarrassing. That was the worse loss in 42 years. Ugly ball and getting worse.

Injuries and transfers set Dixon back but for him to be at this point with such poor basketball fundamentals, mistakes, sloppy, poor shooting just overall lack of talent is troubling. It looks like he has improvements coming. But I find it very concerning how poor this team plays and is coached from a skill level.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

Next year will need to show a ton of improvements is various areas or I think Dixon’s seat will be extremely warm. But to caution people who want him gone now, TCU won’t have big time candidates lining up to come here without getting money whipped.

Eight

.....and the funny thing is the next 2 games are very winnable, except it’s us playing those games

the kansas state game is critical for the rest of this season.

there are 4 winnable games left on the schedule with kstate coming to town, in austin next wednesday, at iowa state who lost their best player, and then hosting ou at the end of the year.

17-14 (8-10) isn't impossible, but i don't see that happening if the frogs don't win saturday and i really don't want to think how this season concludes is they drop the next two games

MagicFrog

TCU has invested in the program as well. In every way.

Despite all of that, this isn’t a well coached team. Kids look lost.

Of course we have, but you act like Dixon should come in here and have no excuses for losing to teams that are nationally prominent when we've never really been a basketball school and have almost no tradition. It's never been our focus. We lost to a team that beat KU by 40 in Lubbock last year and and played for the national title. They beat WVU by double digits this year.

This is a rough season, but we were picked to finish dead last and have actually played above expectations. As ugly as last night was lets see what the team brings to Kansas State. Dixon didn't suddenely turn into a sucky coach. I bet he'll have them looking like a different team this weekend.

Baja Frog

Of course we have, but you act like Dixon should come in here and have no excuses for losing to teams that are nationally prominent when we've never really been a basketball school and have almost no tradition. It's never been our focus. We lost to a team that beat KU by 40 in Lubbock last year and and played for the national title. They beat WVU by double digits this year.

This is a rough season, but we were picked to finish dead last and have actually played above expectations. As ugly as last night was lets see what the team brings to Kansas State. Dixon didn't suddenely turn into a sucky coach. I bet he'll have them looking like a different team this weekend.
Haha! I'll bet you he won't.

Rose Bowl

Looks like a team that has no confidence. The effort is there but the team just can’t make a basket. I just believe if we were able to string a few buckets together the floodgates would open. Let’s hope so.

netty2424

I‘m not saying I’m right here, just stating where I’m at with it.

I’m absolutely saying he should be at the very minimum, competitive in every single game he coaches. Period.

Winning is darn near secondary at this point. Just be competitive.

He has facilities, he has a high recruiting budget, if I remember correctly he’s paid top 30% of coaches in all of college basketball. M millions, to produce. It’s just the expectation that comes with that, in my opinion. It’s not like he just got off the plane here. Year 5.

And with the basketball landscape now on a year to year basis, recruit better, coach better. Don’t land a national tv spot and get your ship pushed in by an in state conference foe.

And now we’re looking at the ninth team in the conference as the benchmark for improvement? Are you saying that to see if he’s lost the team? I’m not sure I’m following. Serious question.

TRF51

This argument would be valid if this was year one, it is year 4. He recruited all of these players. The one decent year, the majority of the players were from the previous coaching staff. We have been getting worse the more players we have lost from the previous staff, that is concerning.

TRF51

Talent aside, when you watch this team play they are lost and predictable. The other team easily takes away our main scoring threat, they all do it. We wait until the second half to make any changes that mostly fall short. Not sure what our strategy is and from the looks of it neither do the players.

Salfrog

Tier 1
I'm on the fence with keeping or firing Dixon. I was hoping that he would come here and turn things around. Make us at least a mid to upper half team that was at always competitive. Win or come close to winning a conference title every few years, and make the tournament every year.

His first year here gave me hope we were on our way back, but the wheels have fallen completely off. This is starting to feel like when Pat Sullivan almost left for LSU job, then ended up having to stay because we wouldn't renegotiate the buyout. Sullivan was never the same coach again. Like he lost his desire to coach here because he didn't get the LSU job.

Same exact situation that happened to Dixon last year with the UCLA job. Hope I'm wrong, but it is very eerily close to deja vu.

Volare

....(He) can be a hard coach to play for. He’s definitely not what you would call a player’s coach. Frankly, he can be kind of. That can be perfectly effective when the team is winning, but in times of adversity it can lead to a disastrous spiral out of control, which is what we’re witnessing right now.

This sounds incredibly familiar... where have I heard this theory before... hmm.....