• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Program is back to Trent Johnson era levels

LVH

At least Trent Johnson had the excuse of inheriting a dead program that never had a winning record in the MWC and playing in a high school gym for 1.5 seasons.

All the momentum this program had in 2017 and 2018 is down the [ Finebaum ]ter.

I think a coaching change after this year is too hasty but it has to be NCAA tournament or bust next year or a change needs to be made. This program can't afford another season like this, our fanbase isn't basketball crazy enough and really only shows up when the team is winning.

I said at the time and I will say it again, we should have just let Dixon go to UCLA, I thought bringing him back would turn into a lame duck situation and lower the program's perception.

TRF51

Agreed! Wish we would have let him go. The program needs a new face. I couldn’t imagine if I performed so poorly at my job that they would let me stick around, especially considering the money involved.

Dixon is the basketball June Jones for TCU.

It might be good for both parties to part ways. Unless the administration believes he can revive the team or TCU can't get out of the contract. Can TCU part ways with Dixon? TCU didn't allow him to go to UCLA, now he can do the same with TCU?

TRF51

Dumb ass decision to not let him go to UCLA the more I think about it. Screwed him and now it screwed us because we would have to buy him out. ADJD was in over his head.

Francis Xav

question francis, am i misremembering which is entirely possible, but is the offense the frogs are running the past two years different than what they ran dixon's first two back at tcu.
I think since hes been here we have focused on the 3 ball and high ball screen. In that sense, no.

I think we see more attempted dribble drives than we did, but it clearly isnt helping.

Our guys cannot drop a bucket of water into the ocean at the moment. We have regressed. 3 weeks ago we belonged on the floor with Tech. I have no idea what has changed. This isnt transfers and injuries like last year..

Genbukan

question francis, am i misremembering which is entirely possible, but is the offense the frogs are running the past two years different than what they ran dixon's first two back at tcu.

The big difference is we were able to play inside out with Vlad giving us a low post scoring threat. It opened up everything.

This is some bad, really bad basketball. There is no development going on at all....our 3 highly rated freshman are nothing more that warm bodies. Dennis and Grayer ....don't get me started. Ledee....seriously how was he so highly rated? RJ and Samuel are in there 3rd year and the best that can be said about them is they are frustratingly inconsistent.

Have zero hope that this turns around this year. I suppose if Easley turns out to be the second coming of Michael Jordan we have a shot to improve next year.

Just flabbergasted that CJD puts this crap out there.