• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

FBallFan123

Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe on MLB Network this morning...echoes Ken Rosenthal, thinks Betts trade happens this week.

Dodgers appear to be the front-runners...

Eight

curious about the recent espn article with hal steinbrenner and the 2017 al championship series.

everyone says that a hitter has a distinct advantage if they know what pitch is coming, but the yankees saw breaking ball after breaking ball after breaking ball from mccullars over the last four innings and they never got closer to hitting any of them.

the yankees scored 1 run in the last two games in houston and somehow they lost because the astros cheated.

rings a bit hollow like dodger fans who claim they got cheated when they scored 1 run at home in game 7.

ftwfrog

curious about the recent espn article with hal steinbrenner and the 2017 al championship series.

everyone says that a hitter has a distinct advantage if they know what pitch is coming, but the yankees saw breaking ball after breaking ball after breaking ball from mccullars over the last four innings and they never got closer to hitting any of them.

the yankees scored 1 run in the last two games in houston and somehow they lost because the astros cheated.

rings a bit hollow like dodger fans who claim they got cheated when they scored 1 run at home in game 7.

Just stop.

Eight

Just stop.

yankees score 1 run in 18 innings in houston and can't touch a steady diet of breaking pitches from morton and mccullars and the stealing signs cost the yankees?

the dodges score 1 run in game 7 in los angeles and again it was the astros cheating that cost the dodgers the 2017 title.

not defending the astros, just love the never ending stories where people won't accept the fact they had a chance and didn't take care of their own business.

So it's ok if the result isn't favorable?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
yankees score 1 run in 18 innings in houston and can't touch a steady diet of breaking pitches from morton and mccullars and the stealing signs cost the yankees?

the dodges score 1 run in game 7 in los angeles and again it was the astros cheating that cost the dodgers the 2017 title.
Don't be throwing facts and logic at them...

Eight

The Astros organization 100% admitted (see the firing of their coach and GM) to one of the worst cheating scandals in sports history. I think that logic holds up better than, “the Yankees still could’ve hit better.”

And for the record, scheiss the Yankees. They can eabod also

so scoring 1 run in 18 innings in the last two games had less impact on the result of those two games?

jake102

The Astros organization 100% admitted (see the firing of their coach and GM) to one of the worst cheating scandals in sports history. I think that logic holds up better than, “the Yankees still could’ve hit better.”

Just to make sure it's all equal - the Red Sox got caught doing the exact same thing a few years ago with an apple watch. I'm not really sure why this is such a big surprise.

Eight

Just to make sure it's all equal - the Red Sox got caught doing the exact same thing a few years ago with an apple watch. I'm not really sure why this is such a big surprise.

you mean the very same red sox organization that eliminated the yankees in the divisional series in 2018 when wait for it...........the red sox were cheating in the same manner as the astros?

curious if hal ever ponders about what might have been in 2018 or if he is just stuck in 2017

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/sports/baseball/boston-red-sox-stealing-signs-yankees.html

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?

I don't particularly care what the Astros organization said under duress. The simple fact of the matter is that in the two series referred above, the losing teams didn't bat worth a crap, and thus didn't score many runs, and thus lost those series. The case of the Dodgers losing in L.A. where there was no "cheating" available to the Astros especially stands out.