• The KillerFrogs

Top Football Facilities for 2020: TCU #19

TRF51

Our recruiting is fine..In fact it’s better than fine. We have had better athletes on the field than most of our opponents for the last 3 years..We are losing on the sidelines and they don’t wear helmets

I agree 100%. Years ago I would never have thought that would be the issue. I think GP’s stubbornness hurts the team. Way to conservative at times. Hope that changes next year.

gofor2

In broader terms, I think these facility arms races are bad for the game. Not everyone can, or even wants to dump millions into facilities every handful of years. There are a lot of smaller schools, good kids and programs, but they won't ever be able to compete like this.

I don't know. Its just a polarization of the haves and have-nots. I guess with my limited intellect, I don't see how its good for the game overall.

Eight

In broader terms, I think these facility arms races are bad for the game. Not everyone can, or even wants to dump millions into facilities every handful of years. There are a lot of smaller schools, good kids and programs, but they won't ever be able to compete like this.

I don't know. Its just a polarization of the haves and have-nots. I guess with my limited intellect, I don't see how its good for the game overall.

long term i don't believe it is good for the college game and it is not sustainable.

LeagueCityFrog

TCU will be just fine if it comes down to a money arms race. #cowtownstrong

I still think there are some Frog fans that don't realize how big a national pull for TV eye balls TCU is nationally.

We just need to start scoring more points and we are good again.

Eight

TCU will be just fine if it comes down to a money arms race. #cowtownstrong

I still think there are some Frog fans that don't realize how big a national pull for TV eye balls TCU is nationally.

We just need to start scoring more points and we are good again.
what metric are you using that shows tcu to be a big national draw?

Last edited:

Froggish

I think the key to getting back in the national spotlight is more luxury suites and more/better hype videos. Do those two things and the points will come.
Edits....Can’t forget edits man. Got to be lit or the points just won’t come

Paint It Purple

I get what you are saying and can’t really disagree. But, haves and have-nots aren’t a new phenomenon. Just go back to 1970’s-1980’s Texas, A&M, OU versus the likes of TCU. Everyone knows TCU was left for dead. It’s all about what you want to do about it.

BABYFACE

Its not good for game but it is what pays for the game and the other non revenue sports at a University.

Wexahu

Its not good for game but it is what pays for the game and the other non revenue sports at a University.

The danger is in it getting so expensive that you start running off your own fans, and I think we're kind of getting close to that. If what I'm reading and hearing is correct, some long-time supporters are starting to pull back in terms of what they are willing to spend. It just becomes not worth it anymore. We can't be having major facilities upgrades every 5-7 years, at some point the madness needs to stop. The east side expansion project is a perfect example of something costing $140M+ (or whatever it was) and it being almost totally unnecessary other than to show the college football world that we are spending money.

BABYFACE

The danger is in it getting so expensive that you start running off your own fans, and I think we're kind of getting close to that. If what I'm reading and hearing is correct, some long-time supporters are starting to pull back in terms of what they are willing to spend. It just becomes not worth it anymore. We can't be having major facilities upgrades every 5-7 years, at some point the madness needs to stop. The east side expansion project is a perfect example of something costing $140M+ (or whatever it was) and it being almost totally unnecessary other than to show the college football world that we are spending money.

Totally agree. It is a balance between big money and the average long time supporter of the program. However, it has been tilting towards big money heavily of late IMO. It’s time to redirect some of those efforts back towards the average Joe’s in the seats.

H0RNEDFR0G

I wish we'd add a shade similar to what we saw at Hard Rock Stadium for the Super Bowl.

That would be nice.

hard-rock-stadium-1000-aug-23.jpg

Big Frog II

I wish we'd add a shade similar to what we saw at Hard Rock Stadium for the Super Bowl.

That would be nice.

hard-rock-stadium-1000-aug-23.jpg
When they were asking for ideas for the new stadium, I suggested this. It probably was passed on as an unneeded expense since at the time we were in the MWC and played most of our games at night. Little did we know we would be in the Big 12 when the stadium opened, and we would be playing day games in September. I wonder if the stadium can be retrofitted with awnings that slide over the stands during day games and back during night games to allow the lights to not be affected?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
There are many good seats available for $300/season. Adding higher priced seats doesn’t affect people that want cheap tickets.

YA

TCU being ranked at #19 with only two private universities, Notre Dame #14 and Northwestern #16, ranked ahead of us.

That's not too shabby for a small private university located on University Drive.
any list that Northwestern on it with their outdated and crappy stadium is suspect as "best of" anything

talor

any list that Northwestern on it with their outdated and crappy stadium is suspect as "best of" anything
The list is about facilities...more specifically all the football related buildings except the actual stadium.