• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CryptoMiner

I really like both of these prospects. Stephon Brown comes in as the number 1 rated passer in JUCO per Gridiron RR (https://www.gridironrr.com/teams/de...=football&p=custom&pagename=JUCO+QBs+Rankings) and will benefit a lot from Cumbie and Hill. Will be a solid backup to Duggan and possibly push for significant PT. He solidly fills a much needed slot.

Kendre Miller is a tremendous talent and very underrated. A good combination of power and speed but also he shows patience and vision as a runner. Added 25 pounds in the weight room between his junior and senior seasons and it really showed on the field. Kid has determination and think we got a steal in this one.

Froggish

Miller is interesting. Absolutely destroyed 2A competition and I see him similar to Nowell in that he could be a steal if he can show he has the ability to elevate ti level of P5 competition.

I think sometimes filling out a class means gambling on a few kids but Miller and Brown both seem well worth the risk

Eight

Miller is interesting. Absolutely destroyed 2A competition and I see him similar to Nowell in that he could be a steal if he can show he has the ability to elevate ti level of P5 competition.

I think sometimes filling out a class means gambling on a few kids but Miller and Brown both seem well worth the risk

long history of successful small school backs coming out of east texas and his numbers this year read like video game states with 2,800+ yards, 34 td's, and 14.2 ypc.

if he can make the jump and his vision and agility are what they appear on tape he gives the frogs one more potential weapon on offense.

frogs don't have anything proven yet at running back, but like the potential with barlow, foster, richardson, and miller and there isn't a spot on this roster that won't benefit from some competition for playing time.

hope brown can push duggan and baldwin this summer and through the fall. best man wins the position

Last edited:

Atomic Frawg

Will be a solid backup to Duggan and possibly push for significant PT. He solidly fills a much needed slot.

If the kid is coming here with the mentality that he's a backup, then, no pun intended, pass on him. Duggan didn't do anything last season that worthy of annointting him the starter. Hit the campus expecting to be and preparing to be the starter. I'd rather see an upperclassman at the helm IF they can beat out Duggan. Then Duggan can get a redshirt year, learn even more, and get bigger. If they can't beat Duggan, then grab the clip board and be ready to shine when your name is called.

Moose Stuff

I'll go slow-that Sonny Cumbie recruited Wooten, Robinson and Rodgers.

The original comment I replied to basically said Kelly is awesome and we now have a great staff other than Cumbie......

Kelly has recruited Q Johnson, who isn’t even on campus yet, and coached a unit the entire board agrees was bad in 2019..... So how is he definitely a better coach than Cumbie? (which is the point I’m trying to make).

And again, I like Malcolm a lot so far and he seems like he’s gonna be a great addition to the staff but we have literally zero proof he’s better than Cumbie at this point.

Eight

I'll go slow-that Sonny Cumbie recruited Wooten, Robinson and Rodgers.

wooten is the only one of the three that i would have question at the time they were signed by the frogs.

robinson and rodgers were talented throwing the football, robinson carried desoto to a couple of play off wins, and rodgers lost two seasons with the knee.

Bruce Berry

The original comment I replied to basically said Kelly is awesome and we now have a great staff other than Cumbie......

Kelly has recruited Q Johnson, who isn’t even on campus yet, and coached a unit the entire board agrees was bad in 2019..... So how is he definitely a better coach than Cumbie? (which is the point I’m trying to make).

And again, I like Malcolm a lot so far and he seems like he’s gonna be a great addition to the staff but we have literally zero proof he’s better than Cumbie at this point.

You said Cumbie is a great recruiter. That is the prevailing opinion in TCU world. Maybe he is- I was just adding some context to that thought. The fact is the first three QB's he recruited failed for various reasons.

I do see Duggan as the exception though. love him.

Moose Stuff

You said Cumbie is a great recruiter. That is the prevailing opinion in TCU world. Maybe he is- I was just adding some context to that thought. The fact is the first three QB's he recruited failed for various reasons.

I do see Duggan as the exception though. love him.

He absolutely is a great recruiter. What you’re pointing out is that he might not be a great evaluator or QB coach.

I will say I have a real hard time faulting him for Rogers not panning out.

Billy Clyde

He absolutely is a great recruiter. What you’re pointing out is that he might not be a great evaluator or QB coach.

I will say I have a real hard time faulting him for Rogers not panning out.

Yeah, it would be ridiculous to assign even the tiniest negative value to SC for having signed a kid at the most important position that literally every school in the country would have considered a strong take. I assume the only reason he wasn't being heavily chased by all the usual suspects is that he was in LSU's backyard and it was early down to us and them.
Hell, he may yet wind up being the guy we all hoped he would be when he signed with us. I hope so.

Atomic Frawg

Yeah, it would be ridiculous to assign even the tiniest negative value to SC for having signed a kid at the most important position that literally every school in the country would have considered a strong take. I assume the only reason he wasn't being heavily chased by all the usual suspects is that he was in LSU's backyard and it was early down to us and them.
Hell, he may yet wind up being the guy we all hoped he would be when he signed with us. I hope so.
Rogers was absolutely worth the risk, and but for an unforeseen condition (dropfoot) I would have LOVED to see him get real game snaps. I think the school got a bit gun-shy, medically speaking, after the Listenbee suit and were being overly cautious. As a student, and student-athlete, he shined and supported other sports, and stayed humble. I have tremendous respect for him and his family, and I hope the condition gets righted and he lights it up.