• The KillerFrogs

2020 Baseball Season Thread

Benny

First Pitch banquet was fantastic. They honored the 2010 team which brought back many great memories. Almost every member of that team was at the banquet and they showed a very well done documentary on that season. (It was noted in the documentary that Florida State’s Frank Martin announced that they were excited to play World Series newcomer SMU, much to the chagrin of Coach Shloss and the rest of the team. I think he knew which school we were after Matt Curry hit the grand slam the following week). Looking forward to a good season this year.

tcumaniac

First Pitch banquet was fantastic. They honored the 2010 team which brought back many great memories. Almost every member of that team was at the banquet and they showed a very well done documentary on that season. (It was noted in the documentary that Florida State’s Frank Martin announced that they were excited to play World Series newcomer SMU, much to the chagrin of Coach Shloss and the rest of the team. I think he knew which school we were after Matt Curry hit the grand slam the following week). Looking forward to a good season this year.
Thanks for sharing!

Was planning to come on here today to see who had gone and if they’d be willing to share the highlights.

Any insight from coach regarding this upcoming season?

Westsider

Other than introductions, not much detail on the current team at all. The evening was all about honoring the 2010 team, and the love and passion those guys had for each other were not lost on the current players, or for any of us for that matter. Biggest impression for me was how well spoken and intelligent Purke was. I wasn’t expecting that for some reason.

flyfishingfrog

Heard we have had some impressive showings from some of potential starters in the intersquads the last two weekends...hope that is true and not just a matter of rusty bats

gofor2

I was told at the banquet that the game with Vandy has been moved from Dodger stadium to the USC baseball stadium.

That's probably a good thing. Chavez Ravine is slumming it pretty hard.

From what I understand, USC is in the ghetto, too. Maybe this is a lateral move?