• The KillerFrogs

Super Bowl LIV thread

Chongo94

Guess everyone lost interest after the halftime show?

I lost interest before the game. The constant and I do mean CONSTANT cheerleading of Tech fans as if the team was somehow winning a national championship just wore my interest away.

I’ve given up on ever understanding what reality most of my Tech brethren live in. TCU has had a player in the super bowl 7-8 years in a row yet we don’t constantly talk them up. Can’t figure out if it’s the qb factor or if it’s just because Tech clings to any type of notoriety with a death grip.

What’s unbelievable is that they had losing seasons with this guy, shows how horrific Coach DudeBro was.

MTfrog5

I lost interest before the game. The constant and I do mean CONSTANT cheerleading of Tech fans as if the team was somehow winning a national championship just wore my interest away.

I’ve given up on ever understanding what reality most of my Tech brethren live in. TCU has had a player in the super bowl 7-8 years in a row yet we don’t constantly talk them up. Can’t figure out if it’s the qb factor or if it’s just because Tech clings to any type of notoriety with a death grip.

What’s unbelievable is that they had losing seasons with this guy, shows how horrific Coach DudeBro was.
You should see what the Tyler area has done. I’m happy for Andy Reid but it’s going to be brutal out here for Mahomes

Pharm Frog

You must hang out with a different breed of Tech fan than the ones I know. The ones I see most often are embarrassed as hell about football and move quickly to want to talk baseball and basketball

Chongo94

You must hang out with a different breed of Tech fan than the ones I know. The ones I see most often are embarrassed as hell about football and move quickly to want to talk baseball and basketball

Admittedly my friends are of probably a younger bent than yours and thus the shame factor or ability to understand their football reality is somewhat lost on them...

My Facebook was just littered for the last two weeks with Mahomes and Tech stuff.

MTfrog5

Admittedly my friends are of probably a younger bent than yours and thus the shame factor or ability to understand their football reality is somewhat lost on them...

My Facebook was just littered for weeks with Mahomes and Tech stuff.
Old or young, they’ve never won an outright conference championship unless you want to go back to them beating Hardin-Simmons. That’s usually where I start the conversation about football.

Chongo94

Old or young, they’ve never won an outright conference championship unless you want to go back to them beating Hardin-Simmons. That’s usually where I start the conversation about football.

Right? I’ve always thought Tech should just focus on basketball and be a basketball school. They could be a true consistent power in my opinion. But sadly, even with them making it to the final, they still give more attention to their football team.

Pharm Frog

My Facebook was just littered for the last two weeks with Mahomes and Tech stuff.

Well I think we may have identified the distinction. While I do have a Facebook page, I may check in on it about every four months or so. And anyone who litters it with anything gets unfriended or unfollowed or whatever it’s called. Mrs Pharm told me a long time ago about just hiding people or something like that but I prefer that they know that I have no interest in their [ Finebaum ].