• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Froggish

Definitely a big weekend as dead period starts Sunday night. Williams will visit Arkie but take in-homes from his final 3. Stepp & Briles will go all out for him and that could be, well not going there (though I kinda did).

Still trying to land the JUCO QB Stephon brown and a possible OL but not sure much else as they most likely will use the remaining spots for senior transfers and get those schollys back for 2021.

I thought Williams already took his official to Arky?

Froggish

adding savion williams would be big, but i think to merely view this receiver class as quentin johnston and savion williams is short sighted.

the potential quartet of johnston, medford, nowell, and williams brings a load of potential as the shortest is medford at just under 6'3", all four are multi-sport athletes, and all four have big play potential.

johnston and nowell might be the most polished receivers of the four as they have had the opportunity to focus on the receiver position this past season.

medford and williams were moved to quarterback, flashed great athletic ability, and were explosive with the ball in their hands. medford might be able to play the inside receiver position with his quickness and agility.

malcolm kelly has been given four great hunks of clay to develop and if he wants to prove he has the player development chops that match the recruiting skills he has shown since joining the frogs staff i couldn't think of a better group for him to be handed if savion signs with the frogs.

all four need to get stronger and show they can deal with college defensive backs who are going to try to maul them off the line of scrimmage, but they could bring great potential to a position that has been nothing but inconsistent for the frogs.

a few pics of savion on the basketball court;

5b5262f15fa36.image.jpg

5c48a403c02df.image.jpg

here is a link to an article from hawgsports about savion's athletic potential:

https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2019/sep/27/hog-commit-savion-williams-has-scary-potenial/

finally if you missed it before highlights off all four this past season:

links to quentin johnston

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9254355/Quentin-Johnston

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/18176/Wildcat-Varsity-Football

link to caleb medford

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8148145/CALEB-MEDFORD

link to blake nowell

https://www.hudl.com/profile/7936284/Blake-Nowell

link to savion williams

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8072648/Savion-Williams

there you go minfrog, sorry i don't have anymore, but moose can tell you where to go for the scoop

as far as the quarterback talk remember that signing a great receiver class is nice, but part of the equation in the passing game. if the frogs don't get more consistent quarterback play throwing the football the frogs receivers are pretty much like the old ussr's warhead inventory.

no real threat if you can't get the missiles out of the freaking silos

I think Medfords highlights might be the best of the bunch for pure WR...I've seen Nowell play in person and he's tough to judge because the competition is so weak in his classification. He's a great athlete from a great family. I think he'll surprise.

Eight

medford might be the best athlete of the four, supposedly runs really well, and i think might be the most underrated of the bunch by many who follow the frogs.

we have been here before with a group of great, big athletes coming into the program to play wide receiver.

interesting to see what happens next.

Froggish

medford might be the best athlete of the four, supposedly runs really well, and i think might be the most underrated of the bunch by many who follow the frogs.

we have been here before with a group of great, big athletes coming into the program to play wide receiver.

interesting to see what happens next.

I don’t think it will be the speediest group ever but easily the most athletic when you combine Hunt and Stephens..It should be a physically imposing group on the outside. If anything we should be able to get better blocking on the edge. I also think this will pave the way for Barkley to move to the slot opposite Barber..I know we don’t know much about Barkley but I still have hope for him. He’s a burner

Eight

I don’t think it will be the speediest group ever but easily the most athletic when you combine Hunt and Stephens..It should be a physically imposing group on the outside. If anything we should be able to get better blocking on the edge. I also think this will pave the way for Barkley to move to the slot opposite Barber..I know we don’t know much about Barkley but I still have hope for him. He’s a burner

i think we have seen enough of track speed at the position that hasn't resulted in production on the field.

frogs would have the biggest collection of receivers with hunt and medford the shortest in the area of 6' 2 or 3" and i think in time you are talking 3-4 receivers 200+ lbs.

does that physical size and strength translate to being a productive receiver? will they be able to make the basic plays?

barkely, barber, and davis all look to bethe smaller, explosive quickness type of receiver and i think the young receivers have the ability to provide big plays.

the question is do we go through the same loop or do we get production?

puckster59

I think there's a very good chance we go 8-4 or at least 7-5 with Buechele playing QB. 100% chance we beat SMU so that's one. Heck, I don't think it's just crazy to think we might have gone 9-3. I think as a fan base we probably overrated him because he played at UT and we hate them, but he was always a very good passer IMO, just a terrible fit in Herman's offense.

I liked Collins and thought he was ok but his main quality was that he wasn't one of the other guys.

That's a lot of extra wins with just a different QB but the same offensive coordinator (and head coach) costing the Frogs wins, an offensive line that didn't block very many people and a wide receiver corps that couldn't run routes, get separation OR catch the ball. At least according to prevailing wisdom on this board.

asleep003

Bruce Berry... you are pleased with both our OL and inside receivers position coaches... with their history ...really believe those 2 are solid .?.

Last edited: