• The KillerFrogs

TCU Construction Updates

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This semester TCU has installed a space counter at the entrance to the big parking lot NE of the Neeley School. This is a brilliant addition. Students, in the past don't give themselves a lot of time to look for parking spots so they default into the neighborhoods. With the counter it appears that they are at least driving by, because neighborhood traffic appears to be down. Good job TCU!.

It also appears they are nearing removing the temporary buildings off Merida and have said they will expand parking, The addition of these space counters on other lots as well will be a great idea.
Someone smarter than me oughta write an unauthorized history of those temp buildings from the last 50 years. I think they’ve housed 1/3 of the universities departments, maybe more.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
This semester TCU has installed a space counter at the entrance to the big parking lot NE of the Neeley School. This is a brilliant addition. Students, in the past don't give themselves a lot of time to look for parking spots so they default into the neighborhoods. With the counter it appears that they are at least driving by, because neighborhood traffic appears to be down. Good job TCU!.

It also appears they are nearing removing the temporary buildings off Merida and have said they will expand parking, The addition of these space counters on other lots as well will be a great idea.
Concur
The space counters are long overdue.
So do the multi level garages have the little red & green Xmas lights overhead like I saw at DFW? That’s another easy yet heckuva improvement we oughta have. Speaking of which, has TCU increased their bike patrols for those? No offense to the TCU cop on his standup Segway tricycle but I think bike patrols are more effective, quiet, stealthy & responsive.

HToady

And just like that.....the temp buildings are gone.

If they pave over this area and take in the street (as planned) there will be plenty on campus (East side) parking.

How is it compliant with fire code to have no stairs for the suite level? Assuming there has to be an emergency stairwell or two.
Correct. I was referring to the stairs inside the walls of the Club Level (not emergency/utility stairwells) of the West Side that lead up to the Suite Level. That does not exist on the East Side (intentional - to manage the flow of pedestrian traffic).

Last edited:

LeagueCityFrog

Thank you Sweat Equity! Great post.

Does anyone have some pictures of the progress of the new Music Performance Hall, the new Hotel, and the new Administration Building?

Not all of us can live in the Promised Land and we appreciate the shots and the description.

I bought one of those Loge boxes and am fired up how it is coming along. We just need an offense to match the quality of our defense and the finish outs of this east side.

Go Frogs!

You will love the Loge. More intimate with the fans than a Suite but with all the luxury's of a Suite (literally!). As I said, looking back with what knowledge I have now, I would have opted for a Loge.

Aloha.

S.E.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
Van Cliburn Performance Hall
DBfei-R307ZwD9Ofif8rjbO_nysMAChuy9-12eHJzMJ1yZDmJygxL1kwcIStoBRrXOEAGqfZMwr0ufukT5B8I6uY3sXW2YUhojTinOx-WKfbXp1I4Cn4GABcoDCtNqaxXGuLJmDknBpDJwmnyyuGVJmqrfgaftjzCzQFfw5JiLyuh4CfCJQLSZ77iBCKIeJV-avzNRNXGLZ0iu-R3Qtq002WkltJIxegNkyNF33MwxV_c77SlfMYxMPVH9-A9Ft9p39sY7j0DCkl_gFQ3w60BKh_RkpLeBwj-11gf5BXCFtpqeNB3ydWIc3oiqWynkSgg1Id4LCwT2n4zMDKcan4PAaHqXkNWz4FUGtHYtIxNNxLSDxM9uJsqAnAOOwK1eXDx1PTTftppC5wBM_uEx-Yq3RaUShqxDCiMvrvvYLhA210-_h2Kp4-vRiiX1e-bL5nSN94ntwJVeKvh_X1NJ_Bym3KK_LTa3N18c2OESMXeaM5R7K_gs0qjn3O16EygGK4sVW_1SBzREH7SaEaiVUorPpdPz-_IJ5K4V9TGjWHawrJySpX4J5oBAu-7-4dHIvs36WatIHWf9A8scev5dIC0in6fCSgqpNAR4oG3AhZcQQe2tyv0m7mGerS7MXXmGoWkkcvcc5oSHA4XfnwYgWnKIUfNFJDSAYIIMiNeK4qXf1iuPrmcBbSVIcaB2mRp97_vl4CFVW_QW5q9KttOpQ4km6jytMqm_dP23QDphpUg0n8ow=w1250-h937-no

LeagueCityFrog

Is the outside exterior of the new East Side expansion facing downtown Fort Worth now complete?

And can any Fort Worth Frogs post pictures of that and how the new Chancellor's building is coming along?

Much appreciated if possible.