• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

Coming down to the wire with Savion Williams. JC has an update..... you know the drill.

dude, i don't want to tell you how to pimp the pay site, but if jeremy finds out you are putting out that halfhearted effort, well.....................

giphy.gif

Last edited:

CryptoMiner

Coming down to the wire with Savion Williams. JC has an update..... you know the drill.

Not sure what is in JCs report but do know UT really wanted Savion in this weekend and he turned them down. Instead he is going to Arkansas. Arkie, Smoo and TCU all expected to to in-home visits before dead period.

TCU seems to be the consensus from those close to the situation but nothing definite. Richard Davenport from Whole Hog says TCU.

LawFrog504

I actually don’t remember that. But...... Can you quantify exactly how much would he have helped us? OU won a few games IN SPITE of his presence and he almost cost them our game all by himself. I shudder to think how many picks and fumbles he would have had behind our line.
Well, this stat about JR being missed by his QB more than almost any player in the nation is going around this website a lot right now. Maturity, leadership, telling guys where to line up may have helped.

CryptoMiner

Remember this time last year when there were rumors about Jalen Hurts and half this board said he won't help us that much? LMAO

OU landed Rattler and Hurts and we countered with Delton. Shocked they're at the top of the Big12 and we aren't

Hurts was never coming to TCU so rumors were false to start with if they existed. Buechele on the other hand....

Eight

Collins not getting hurt would have been the one thing I would like to change. If he doesn’t get hurt at Baylor by a cheap shot he’d have started every game this year

one of those plausible scenarios that i would have liked to have seen play out.

what happens if he is healthy to go through spring? do the frogs still go after delton?

oh well......time only moves one way

froginmn

I think Beuchele could have helped us a ton. Also would have let Max redshirt.
Given the fact that we had just recruited, in consecutive classes, the top two QB signees in our history, it makes sense that we didn't pursue Buechele. In hindsight we obviously should have, but we would have had to know that those two wouldn't amount to anything.

Moose Stuff

Given the fact that we had just recruited, in consecutive classes, the top two QB signees in our history, it makes sense that we didn't pursue Buechele. In hindsight we obviously should have, but we would have had to know that those two wouldn't amount to anything.

I feel like we had to have a real good idea that Justin Rogers couldn’t help us and obviously Max was gonna be a true freshmen so that’s a likely bumpy road. Max helped us for sure, but Beuchele probably helps more IMO. Maybe Max beats him out in 2020. Who knows?

Eight

I feel like we had to have a real good idea that Justin Rogers couldn’t help us and obviously Max was gonna be a true freshmen so that’s a likely bumpy road. Max helped us for sure, but Beuchele probably helps more IMO. Maybe Max beats him out in 2020. Who knows?

i agree that coming into the spring the frogs knew robinson was gone, had some ideas that rogers wasn't the answer for 2020, had to suspect collins' health might be an issue, and had no idea what they would get from duggan.

furthermore, they felt the need to go after alex delton first part of january 2019 so they had to know some or all of the above.

why delton over beuchele is the question versus could beuchele have helped the frogs last year and in all honesty this upcoming season

MTfrog5

i agree that coming into the spring the frogs knew robinson was gone, had some ideas that rogers wasn't the answer for 2020, had to suspect collins' health might be an issue, and had no idea what they would get from duggan.

furthermore, they felt the need to go after alex delton first part of january 2019 so they had to know some or all of the above.

why delton over beuchele is the question versus could beuchele have helped the frogs last year and in all honesty this upcoming season
I think the TCU coaches felt like Herman wouldn’t sign off on him transfer within conference. Even as a grad transfer they still need a release within conference for the Big 12.

CountryFrog

I think the TCU coaches felt like Herman wouldn’t sign off on him transfer within conference. Even as a grad transfer they still need a release within conference for the Big 12.
This is what I always thought with regards to Buechelle. KSU had to approve Delton being eligible. I can't imagine the Texas coaches allowing a quality player at any position to come here and play right away.

JockO de Frog

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I’m fairly certain that we signed Delton before Buechele even entered his name into the transfer portal
Either way, do we know for sure that Buechele would have preferred TCU over guaranteed play at SMU? Nevertheless, water under the bridge now and Duggan got a lot of game experience he would not have had. May pay off this year.

TRF51

Either way, do we know for sure that Buechele would have preferred TCU over guaranteed play at SMU? Nevertheless, water under the bridge now and Duggan got a lot of game experience he would not have had. May pay off this year.

I believe he said as much (via the announcers) on the tv broadcast of the TCU SMU game.