• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

jake102

Hopeful that Idris Elba takes the role next and carries on the tough guy version.

I think Elba is too old. He's 47 currently and Bond movies are typically every three years. If he did four movies (Craig made 5) he would be 60 by the end of them. Craig was 37 when his first was released.

WhatTheFrog

Caught 1917 and Midway as a double feature at Coyote Drive In a couple of weeks ago. Was pleasantly surprised with 1917. WWI isn't typically my type of movie. Very riveting. Midway was basically exactly what I expected it to be and I wasn't disappointed. A lot like Pearl Harbor without the highly involved love story. Gives a nod to Dolittle's bunch as well. Enjoyed both and the double feature is still running at this time.

tcudoc

Arrival was so good.
I admit BR 2049 left me dazed & confused.
giphy.gif

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The Rhythm Section 31 Jan 20

Godzilla 13 Mar 20

Bond 20 8 Apr 20

Black Widow 1 May 20

Wonder Woman 84 5 Jun 20

Eternals 6 Nov 20

Dune 18 Dec 20

Black Panther 2 Feb 21

WhatTheFrog

Finally got around to starting Ozark and just finished the first season. I like it pretty good. Feels a lot like Banshee to me, but has moved at a quicker pace from what I recall. About to start season 2, season 3 releases next month.

Pharm Frog

Finally got around to starting Ozark and just finished the first season. I like it pretty good. Feels a lot like Banshee to me, but has moved at a quicker pace from what I recall. About to start season 2, season 3 releases next month.

Mrs Pharm really liked Banshee. I didn’t invest much time in it

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Last weekend the wife and I stumbled upon Stan Against Evil, which stars John C. McGinley from Scrubs fame, that originally aired on IFC (now on Hulu). It's a quirky supernatural series like an Evil Dead wannabe. Each episode is just 18 minutes long, so you can binge watch its three seasons over a weekend.