• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 vs SEC Challenge 2020

PurpleBlood87

I will never blame a kid on a message board but the fact of the matter is this-

On nights when Des is taken away, RJ has to take the lead (like he did vs. OSU). Jamie has put a lot on him by putting the ball in his hands to initiate the offense. 7 TOs and 2 Assts is not a winning formula for the initiator.

Bane scored 20 against OSU.
You mean against ISU.

PO Frog

Now you're projecting. I could just as easily counter with "yes we will finish in the top 5 and make the tournament" but I have no idea where we will end up and neither do you.

You said that we're not a solid team as in present tense. But it's an undeniable fact that RIGHT NOW we are a top 5-6 team in the Big 12 which would be almost the definition of "solid."
LJ Collier is a bust right now. You don’t think so because we have to wait a few years to determine that. But it’s okay to determine the team is pretty solid after playing all of the worst teams in the conference and only one of the above average ones. Got it.

Flip Frog

part of the problem is arkansas did a very good job defending bane and desmond simply can not have a game where he only gets 6 shots off in 37 minutes.

i would love to hear from skip or some of the others as to what could be done to free desmond in that situation, but simply he can't only take 6 shots.

dennis is incredibly confident and aggressive while farabello isn't and that leads to the situation where dennis or rj try to fill the void.

Which is mind boggling. What the hell is he confident about? I do agree he’s aggressive is turning the ball over and making dumbass plays.

Purp

He seems to be eligible right now. I’m not convinced we run that much tighter of a ship than anywhere else but I guess I could be wrong. If so, we will never take the next step as a program.
Maybe losing his opportunity at TCU was the kick in the butt he needed to get it together in the classroom. Or maybe SMU has zero scruples in their athletic department and is desperate to stay relevant in the only sport they have a hope.

Both seem entirely plausible, if not likely.

Eight

Which is mind boggling. What the hell is he confident about? I do agree he’s aggressive is turning the ball over and making dumbass plays.

if you look at dennis' career numbers he has never been shy about shooting the basketball at any of the four schools he has played out in college.

he has played 120 fewer minutes than samuel and has taken 1 fewer shot than kevin.

MTfrog5

Maybe losing his opportunity at TCU was the kick in the butt he needed to get it together in the classroom. Or maybe SMU has zero scruples in their athletic department and is desperate to stay relevant in the only sport they have a hope.

Literally had to baby sit him just to see if he was going to class much less doing the work. Maybe he figured it out at SMU but I highly doubt it. Would not shock me if he went pro after this year

flyfishingfrog

Or maybe when he didn’t want to keep up with school Jamie thought he had better options coming in and so it wasn’t worth the effort to work to get him eligible...

but regardless our PG play is pretty weak across the board so far and we could have used him

MTfrog5

We babysit lots of kids in several sports - seems like when the staff thinks they are worth the effort we find a way to keep them around
Guess they didn’t think he was worth the headache he was giving them. We probably have one loss this year with him at PG so I’d imagine he was a pretty big headache

Eight

Definitely think it’s somewhere in the middle. Probably thought Dennis wouldn’t be a liability

i never understood the idea that dennis could be a point.

he wasn't a point at jackson state or uta and came to campus with 127 assists and 163 turnovers. maybe cross convinced him dennis could play the point and maybe tcu was looking for a guard to break down defenders off the drive, but i never understood when skip mentioned early on the staff saw edric as a point.