• The KillerFrogs

The Disappearance of Amon G. Carter's Home Field Advantage and Ways to Fix It.

Snoop1122

I feel like we will always have the Stubhub problem considering there are so many fans of different schools in the DFW area. We just have to find a way to limit the number of tickets sold to the visiting team in the TCU section. I would propose more pump up music the whole game. The music selection is kind of iffy at times. There needs to be more of an effort the whole game to get the fans pumped up. Winning more next few years with the new staff would help too.

Eight

I feel like we will always have the Stubhub problem considering there are so many fans of different schools in the DFW area. We just have to find a way to limit the number of tickets sold to the visiting team in the TCU section. I would propose more pump up music the whole game. The music selection is kind of iffy at times. There needs to be more of an effort the whole game to get the fans pumped up. Winning more next few years with the new staff would help too.

tenor.gif

Big Frog II

Snoop did hit one problem. In a metro area of 7.5 million, there are going to be plenty of alums from schools all over the country. These alums get to see their school play in Fort Worth every other year or once in a blue moon.(OCC) They are very likely to overpay to see their school where as TCU fans have 6+ local football games every year, 20+ basketball games every year, and 30+ baseball games every year. If we are not having a great year, our fans will pick and choose which games to attend as opposed to making it a priority to attend every time. So as many of us have said over and over, the key is winning. Unless you get get ticket reselling outlawed, the opposing fans are going to pay top dollar to see their team unless they are horrible or know they are going to get drilled.

Check out a Cowboy or Ranger game. Same thing happens with them.

flyfishingfrog

Yep - one of the problems of being in a city- not many Tech alumni or UT exes in Manhattan, KS or Ames - so the only non-home schools fans are the ones that traveled in for the game from distance

a lot of our opposing fans drive from their homes less than an hour away

Last edited:

Volare

All are great points. They need to do something about it before it gets out of hand. One more losing season and nobody will be at the games except for those enjoying the friendly confines of their suite.

I think we may already be there. Two years and an evaluation that comes back with "this is fine" and no substantive changes...
other than the no in/out. I'm guessing season tickets plummet this year.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Snoop did hit one problem. In a metro area of 7.5 million, there are going to be plenty of alums from schools all over the country. These alums get to see their school play in Fort Worth every other year or once in a blue moon.(OCC) They are very likely to overpay to see their school where as TCU fans have 6+ local football games every year, 20+ basketball games every year, and 30+ baseball games every year. If we are not having a great year, our fans will pick and choose which games to attend as opposed to making it a priority to attend every time. So as many of us have said over and over, the key is winning. Unless you get get ticket reselling outlawed, the opposing fans are going to pay top dollar to see their team unless they are horrible or know they are going to get drilled.

And it just so happens that bringing in those occasional visitors and their profligate spending on parking and stadjium foods suits TCU's corporate goals far better than the locals who spend less and tend to consume outside the stadjium at tailgates etc, and whom TCU can fleece in other ways throughout the years.

tcumaniac

Right. But the season ticket holder that chooses to sell their ticket to a particular game or two because they don't want to attend aren't the problem. That will always happen, and it's what makes stubhub a great resource for the fan looking to sell their ticket at market price, and the fan looking for a way to buy a good seat.

As I've continued to reiterate, the problem lies with the good seats (and there are a lot of them) that are chronically sold every single game while the person selling the seats sits elsewhere in the stadium.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
One of the components of this issue that goes unsaid is the PP/re-seating effect on the larger accounts: The big money accounts were able to consolidate widely scattered twos and fours into solid blocks. This consolidation squeezed out the two and four seat mossbacks who had had seats for years (Section V, for example) and pushed their seat locations out beyond the 30s. Thus, what was once a solid block of purple became a grab bag of StubHub seats. Someone pointed this out over a year ago, and explained it better, but you get the gist of it.

I am still steamed about this, and at the "well, if you were a loyal enough TCU fan..." crap laid out at the time. I don't see TCU doing much of anything to remedy the damage they did, and based on many of the responses in this thread, they have plenty of support for not doing a damned thing. The upshot of this is: TV is looking a helluva lot more attractive than dropping $2K on seats, driving 300 miles up and then back, and having Techtards (or insert whatever annoying visiting fans HERE) scream in your ear and throw up on your wife every other weekend, courtesy of the StubHub guy who owns the seats behind me. It gets old...

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel goes to his fair share at the Carter. The UT game this year (sitting amongst a bunch of UT tea sips) was the highlight of the season and basically did save the season in Steel's eyes. But a bowl game woulda been nice.

Steel is looking forward to this coming year, us coming to the Hilltop and disappointing the Pony fans like they disappointed us last year, in their home stadjium.

Eight

Steel goes to his fair share at the Carter. The UT game this year (sitting amongst a bunch of UT tea sips) was the highlight of the season and basically did save the season in Steel's eyes. But a bowl game woulda been nice.

Steel is looking forward to this coming year, us coming to the Hilltop and disappointing the Pony fans like they disappointed us last year, in their home stadjium.

we get to park in your front yard don't we?

steelfrog

Tier 1
we get to park in your front yard don't we?

Steel does, much to the neighbors' chagrin no doubt. Why not? It's one of those circular drives so lots of room for cars, but depending who of Steel's kinder is in town, could be as many as 7 cars there to start with. Bring it on!

smufrogger

TCU maniac- are you still selling season ticket seats continuously on stub hub??
You know a lot of how to maximize your selling of TCU tickets on stub hub and no doubt speak from experience that East side tickets can be sold profitably.

I personally think you bring up very valid issues and remedies but also think you may be one of the folks you rail about- those getting extra tickets for points and reselling them on stubhub

I was stuck this past year with a couple season tickets that my friend couldn’t pay
For- and backed out after game one ??- so I put them on the message board and on Facebook and was inundated with offers of zero to less than half face value for the tickets. As much as I wanted to have frog fans sit next to me- if I gave them to friends most wouldn’t end up going. I’ve always hated stubub but clearly it’s far easier to sell
Tickets on the site - and not be bothered with tire kickers wanting free tickets.
anyway- if you are reselling TCU tickets for a profit- you are investing a lot of time and effort on watching the market and adjusting pricing Accordingly. It’s not easy as I think you would admit to actually profit from doing so.

netty2424

TCU maniac- are you still selling season ticket seats continuously on stub hub??
You know a lot of how to maximize your selling of TCU tickets on stub hub and no doubt speak from experience that East side tickets can be sold profitably.

I personally think you bring up very valid issues and remedies but also think you may be one of the folks you rail about- those getting extra tickets for points and reselling them on stubhub

I was stuck this past year with a couple season tickets that my friend couldn’t pay
For- and backed out after game one ??- so I put them on the message board and on Facebook and was inundated with offers of zero to less than half face value for the tickets. As much as I wanted to have frog fans sit next to me- if I gave them to friends most wouldn’t end up going. I’ve always hated stubub but clearly it’s far easier to sell
Tickets on the site - and not be bothered with tire kickers wanting free tickets.
anyway- if you are reselling TCU tickets for a profit- you are investing a lot of time and effort on watching the market and adjusting pricing Accordingly. It’s not easy as I think you would admit to actually profit from doing so.
I would think it’s less about profits and more about accumulating points for seat movement.

But I’ve never put any of my 4 on stubhub so I don’t know really. I usually buy bowl games off stubhub and end up paying a premium as I won’t sit in shippy seats after putting that much time and travel getting to the bowl games.

NewFrogFan

I would think it’s less about profits and more about accumulating points for seat movement.

But I’ve never put any of my 4 on stubhub so I don’t know really. I usually buy bowl games off stubhub and end up paying a premium as I won’t sit in shippy seats after putting that much time and travel getting to the bowl games.

The donation amounts are so small for so many seats I dont think you move far. I am buying 8 seats and 3 parking spots and moving backwards. I also donate in baseball but my days of donating to other parts of TCU are over.