• The KillerFrogs

Would anyone want to see TCU play USC?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
TCU is a big boy school and needs to start acting like one. Aren't we about the same size as USC?

If undergrad enrollment of 18, 500 is about the same as 8,500 then yes?

I lived in Southern California for 12 years and can honestly say at here is no comparison between the way USC is looked at there and the way TCU is viewed in Texas. Which isn’t to say we shouldn’t schedule them...

HToady

Hasn’t it been well established that TCU, not Ohio State wanted out of the home and home? I believe Patterson even mentioned not wanting to play Ohio State twice.
I wonder if he told the team that he didn't have enough confidence in their skills or his ability as a coach to challenge Ohio State twice.
I don't think Gary makes the schedule. He plays who the AD puts in front of him...as it should be.

WhatTheFrog

Hasn’t it been well established that TCU, not Ohio State wanted out of the home and home? I believe Patterson even mentioned not wanting to play Ohio State twice.
Cash is king, but what I'm saying is that we season ticket holders got screwed out of a home game against a bigtime opponent that season. I'm tired of being the one that gets bent due to a big cash payout. Give me something worth going to AGCS for besides the usual conference foes.

Even then, it's basically every other season. We get UT and Baylol on the off years. Big whoop. I fart in their general direction.

Atomic Frawg

Our place first or no way. Tired of seeing these so called "big teams" walking all over us.
Purdue last season. Not that they walked all over us on the field, but they did on scheduling. When do we get them here, if they even honor the commitment?

We got hosed on the home and home with The State of Ohio. Now, we got hosed on the home and home agreement with Purdue. It's time we get some satisfaction with a home game with a somewhat at least decent opponent for those season ticket holders that have been waiting for years to bring a "big name" opponent to AGCS.
Y'all need to read the article about the 5 million reasons the game was made a "one off" neutral site game like the games played annually at Jerry World to kickoff the college football season. Each school benefited. Purdue still comes to Fort Worth in 2029. The article does talk about going into someone's home stadium and losing, which, if you think about it, most P5 schools only play easy non-conference games at home.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article147401554.html

Last edited:

helcap

TCU is a big boy school and needs to start acting like one. Aren't we about the same size as USC? Doesn't our stadium serve the same market as Jerryworld? Do our season ticket holders hold the same value to our school as theirs do to them?

AS far as I'm concerned, they can come here to AGC or play UC Davis. Not going to see them in a "one and done" at Jerryworld or the Colesium.
Total enrollment for 2019-2020 academic year at USC is 48,500. So no we are not about the same size

Froglaw

Would I like to see this? Yes. By scheduling quality FBS opponents, USC is showing us how big time college football schedules. Contrast that with our schedule that includes SMU & FCS every fricking year.

Will it happen? No. Patterson's scheduling routine is FCS, SMU and then a 'stretch' major conference home & home. Seems like 'stretch' isn't very stretchy as our schedule is clogged with mid level major conference opponents. He probably isn't changing.

With the transfer portal and our tendency to get the majority of our starters hurt before conference play, is scheduling three P5 teams instead a great idea?

Baylor schedules Peter Rabbit Day School and was in the CFP running late last year.

USC is the flagship California team and has the depth to play its schedule.

Moose Stuff

With the transfer portal and our tendency to get the majority of our starters hurt before conference play, is scheduling three P5 teams instead a great idea?

Baylor schedules Peter Rabbit Day School and was in the CFP running late last year.

USC is the flagship California team and has the depth to play its schedule.

USC has ONE more win the last two years than we do in arguably a worse conference.