• The KillerFrogs

2020 MLB Thread

ShreveFrog

I appreciate the history of the Babe, Joltin' Joe, Iron Horse Lou, etc., and Reggie's 3-dinger WS game was cool. But (in my lifetime) Jeter is the about the only thing about the Yankees I've ever liked. Even old Yankee Stadium didn't do much for me when I visited in '06-'08.

Although I do treasure my autographed Yogi Berra baseball.

Congrats to DJ!

Last edited:

FBallFan123

Perspectives have definitely changed on voting percentages.

Some of it likely due to how much more transparent is now with twitter, public tracking, etc.

Some maybe because of more standardized view/application of analytics by voters.

Plus, with so many of the "steroid era" players not getting in - and many already off the ballot - the field of quality HOF-worthy players from the era is smaller than it otherwise would be.

So the obvious HOF-level players from the era who aren't tainted by PED's like Griffey/Rivera/Jeter stand out even more...that they become obvious first ballot HOF'ers.

Last edited:

FBallFan123

MLB Pipeline lists Nick Lodolo as the #5 Left-Handed Pitching prospect:

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2020?list=lhp

Scouting grades:
Fastball: 55 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 55 | Control: 60 | Overall: 55

Lodolo was a highly regarded high school pitcher in the 2016 Draft class, but he chose to head to Texas Christian University rather than sign with the Pirates, who had taken him No. 41 overall. After three years as a starter at TCU, the southpaw emerged as the top arm in the Class of 2019 and was the first one taken, No. 7 overall, by the Reds. While he pitched somewhat sparingly during his pro debut, he was extremely impressive, reaching full-season ball and not issuing a single walk in 18 1/3 total innings.

Lodolo has three above-average pitches that he has shown the ability to command extremely well. He uses his size (6-foot-6) to his advantage, delivering his low-90s fastball downhill, topping out at 96 mph with plenty of sink. His decision to scrap his curve for a slider has been a good one, with his tighter low-80s breaking ball evolving into an excellent weapon. His changeup has good action at the plate and he sells it well with good arm speed.

Though he's an advanced college lefty with tremendous pitchability, he also has some projection as he should add strength to his long and lean frame. He has the chance to move quickly through the system and could just as rapidly rise up the ranks of top left-handed pitching prospects in the game.

Bruce Berry

astros provided baseball with a list of 7-8 teams they knew were doing the same thing as the astros

mlb has said those teams are not part of this investigation.

mlb has not said there were no other instances of cheating

The Astros have lots of credibility here. Too funny.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Much ado about nothing. It’s why catchers have used signals for more than a century. Everyone cheats. The Astros just used a ray gun instead of a crossbow to commit the crime. Should they have done, of course not, but this isn’t the Holocaust.

"Peek at the Park" tomorrow morning from 10am-3pm. They're going to have the outfield concourse open so you can take a look around the new Globe Life. Autograph signings and all that stuff at Texas Live too.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/fans/peek-at-the-park

We were gonna go but a client gave us rodeo tickets for tomorrow afternoon.

I sit on a board for commercial real estate and we're working the project manager to organize a tour and happy hour there in the next few weeks. Hope it all comes together.