• The KillerFrogs

Basket-Brawl in Lawrence (Kansas vs KSU)

Purp

Eh. Didn’t think it was that bad. He at least put the chair down willingly.
I disagree on this point. He doesn't appear to put up much resistance when a coach reaches over to get the stool from him, but he left the fight he started to go pick the thing up. It's not like it just happened to be right where he was standing.

DeSousa waited for a teammate to come hold the EMAW player back before throwing the first punch. Then a bunch of shoving and punches ensues and DeSousa turns around and goes 15' away to pick up the stool. That shows me he was looking for a weapon, found it, and intended to use it. There's no other reason for him to go pick up the stool. None.

The fact that this kid's entire history at Kansas has been checkered with scandal should end his career there after this. The fact that he's still there in spite of all the issues is why I agree with someone else who said he'll probably be back just in time to play us. I have zero confidence Bill Self will adjudicate the proper punishments here. We'll see if the conference does.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I seem to remember Jim Killingsworth advancing on the awful old official Bishop (forget his first name) with a chair once upon a time...

Mean Purple

ESPN has the clip up with the slo mo.
That may be the only "brawl" where nobody landed a punch. heck, not even sure there were more than a couple of half made swings. was like watching two girls fight in high school.

Pharm Frog

Man...girls were fierce in my old high school. One gal was deliberately trapped in the restroom so no one could break up the fight. She had her head smashed into the sink. Lost a [ Cumbie’s red zone playcalling ] ton of teeth.

The only two fights I had to immediately get people to the hospital were both girl fights. One lost an eye.

Atomic Frawg

It was a stool...not as bad as a full on chair
Wrestlers everywhere are like...
giphy.gif